PDA

View Full Version : College

SarCaSM
3rd November 2001, 02:15
    Ok, I have to get this out. I hate college. I don't mean that I hate the college that I am at, I just hate college in its entirety. You want to do something for a living, so you have to learn how to do it, so you go to college, but they teach it in such a way that it sucks the life and fun out of it, and makes you not want to do it anymore. You also pay thousands of dollars to go there, and most colleges require you to take certain courses, some of them that don't even have anything whatsoever to do with your major. Such as with me. I am majoring in computer science. Now I can see why I have to take the computer science courses (if you don't know, PM your address to me and I'll come hit you in the head with a bat in a few days), I can also see why I should take the math courses, and maybe a few semesters of english. BUT, why the hell should I take a science lab? Why do I have to take a social science? Why do I have to take a history or humanities course? I wasted enough of my time learning all this pointless shit in high school (which is a completely different issue with me).

I would be studying all the stuff on my own, without the "assistance" of a college if it was practicle. But, it unfortunately is not in today's society. To get anywhere successfully now, one must have a college degree in the area they want to work in. This just does not make any fucking sense to me. I hate it so fucking much.

This whole thing might not make much sense, and I apoligize for it. I am working on a bit of sleep deprivation, and also all the thoughts about this are still jumbled in my head. I just needed to get some of them out. Comments are so very welcomed as usual.

Bop
4th November 2001, 06:12
You want to do something for a living, so you have to learn how to do it, so you go to college, but they teach it in such a way that it sucks the life and fun out of it, and makes you not want to do it anymore.

couldn't have said it better myself

Bilbo Baggins
4th November 2001, 08:58
Originally posted by watadoo

Shit, I wish I'd studied Arabic in College, so I could score a nice fat $90K gig working for the state department right about now.

Don't they speak Persian in Afghanistan?

ujay
4th November 2001, 17:32
Make the most of everything you can at the momment, time will come when you have to roll up your sleeves and work, everything you did at college starts to matter then.

UJ