PDA

View Full Version : Oh for the love of God!

NeoRenegade
8th November 2001, 04:45
When will M$ stop putting stupid sh!t in their programs?!

jns
8th November 2001, 09:37
rofl
ms suxxors.
damn rippers that they are.

griffinn
8th November 2001, 10:01
It could be worse. Imagine running MSN software on your toilet.

NeoRenegade
8th November 2001, 11:54
http://www.neorenegade.homestead.com/files/ROTFLMFAO.gif
That's a nice edit.

I have another bitch to make now. Homestead doesn't allow you to upload PNG images. What the f*ck is wrong with them?!

jns
8th November 2001, 14:06
Everything.
Stop using free accounts.

c2R
8th November 2001, 19:48
Originally posted by NeoRenegade
When will M$ stop putting stupid sh!t in their programs?!

Yeah, my parents called me becuase they keep getting this error. As I don't have MSN, or Outlook on my PC I couldn't really be of much help. In the end I talked them through ensuring that MSN doesn't startup when the PC boots...

Bilbo Baggins
8th November 2001, 22:23
I like MS, and would ask you stop slagging em off.

papadoc
8th November 2001, 23:43
I just want to know why it is
when I try to click on the ok button
nothing happens...

NeoRenegade
9th November 2001, 00:20
What the holy heck is a Netscape cursor doing over an MSN window?!

papadoc
9th November 2001, 01:00
Rebellion
:D

Craig-C
10th November 2001, 22:19
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
I like MS, and would ask you stop slagging em off.

When Micro$lop go open-source, start testing their software BEFORE releasing it, and stop trying to make life a living hell for software developers, I will think about not "slagging them off" anymore...

Bilbo Baggins
10th November 2001, 22:41
if you can do better, showme.

Craig-C
11th November 2001, 02:39
if you can do better, showme.

Sure. I mean how hard can it be to steal other peoples' code, put them out of business, and claim innovation?

As for non anti-competitive companies better than Micro$lop, I can think of lots.

* Sun Microsystems/JavaSoft
* Apache Software Foundation
* ANY company that has developed their own flavour of unix rather than doing what M$ and Apple have done by stealing FreeBSD. DOS is a joke and Windblows is too GUI centric to be on the same field as UNIX. Window manipulation has no place in the Kernel.
* Real Networks
* Netscape Communications
* Oracle Corporation
* Developers of large open-source or freeware projects

Shall I go on?

What have M$ done for the computer industry?
* Stolen ideas and code from better companies
* Allowed virus writers to realize their dream: an unstable, semi-widely-used, insecure pile of bloated holeware called IIS.
* Distributed their Operating Systems on as many computers as possible by threatening retailers if they were to distribute competing products.
* Fed bullsh!t to the public about how open-source will be the end of the software industry, claiming that their holeware is safe 1 month before a brand new devastating worm comes up that hypes the media up to the point that they're talking about the whole internet being shut down, and claiming every piece of software they release to be "a revolutionary piece of next-generation software that will change the way we live", meanwhile an equivalent has been around for years.
* Charged outrageous prices for this "revolutionary next-generation holeware"

theknub
11th November 2001, 08:48
despite all this we continue to use it? granted, im not a total microshaft supporter. but an os such as unix will not work for 99% of the population 'cause they don't know wtf they're doing. of that 1% that it works for, only about 1/2 that actually use it on a full time basis. and of that 1/2, prob 1/4 of that keep a copy of ms somewhere (come on, i know u got a "legal" copy of it somewhere). the big problem is fiding a mix of an os that is both functional, powerful, and works for both a power user as well as a newbie. i'll admit all i run is windows os (2000, 98, xp) because that is what is supported in all my stuff. yeah, unix has great upside in its open source coding, configurability, and customization. however, u find someone who will code for free and see if they want to design the next gen os. i don't see it happening anytime soon. microsoft succeeds because they make a product that the public at large can use fairly easily without messing too much up. however, it is still powerful enough for a person like me to be roughly satisfied, even if there are memory leaks all over, it's slow, and has problems with some of my favorite stuff.

the minute someone puts out code that is compatible with even 50% of the stuff i want to use, i'll switch over. make it with open source and configurable, i'll do some free advertising or something. the point is that microshaft has some good to it. if u want to prove me wrong, show me an os that is completly configurable, customizable, and is compatible with even 50% of the software out there. i think it's still a long time in coming, but hey, if u want it... code it and i'll even do some testing for ya.

Bilbo Baggins
11th November 2001, 14:20
Craig C.

What Disk Operating System do you use?

What OS do you use?

What Internet browser do you use?

What office suite do you use?

theknub
11th November 2001, 15:23
os= win 98/2000/xp
(use a triple boot with powerquest bootmagic)

disk os, im assuming u mean the file system= fat 32
otherwise clear that one up

browser= netscape 6.2
(keep internet explorer up to date for doing windows updates)

office suite= corel 2000
(have ms office for everyone else who uses that)

of course, my copies of say 2000, xp, or office may not be of the most "legal" form... just something i keep around

Craig-C
12th November 2001, 02:37
Craig C.

What Disk Operating System do you use?

What OS do you use?

What Internet browser do you use?

What office suite do you use?

OS = Win98(for games and perfect compatibility with Office documents)/Linux-Mandrake (for everything else)

Disk Operating System = Well, that's a no-brainer (DOS under Windoze, Linux on Linux)

Internet Browser = Mozilla 0.9.4 (way better than IE, the anti-onload/onunload popup option alone is enough to make me think twice before opening IE)

Office Suite = M$ Office 97(for perfect compatibility with documents I make at school)/StarOffice

Web Server = Apache Web Server, Apache/Jakarta Tomcat

Development Language of Choice = J2SE (Java 2 Standard Edition... C++ requires too much rewriting to be cross-platform and Visual Basic is extremely limited and proprietary, not to mention the ugly syntax) and guess which company stopped coding their JVM at Java 1.1, and recently decided to drop Java support on a childish decision that "if we can't make this proprietary, then we won't support it".

SS Scripting Language of Choice = Java Servlets/JSP/PHP

Favourite Tech Company = Sun Microsystems (best hardware makers in the world, among the best software makers in the world... and their CEO hates Bill Gates :D)

theknub:
True about pointing someone completely computer illiterate at UNIX and asking them to do something productive... but some Linux distros are coming very close to being ready for the every day user. (such as mandrake... in fact, many have said that the mandrake installer is faster and easier than the windoze installer)

As for compatibility, maybe an open-source advocate could get someone on microshaft's "shared-source" (the lamest open-source model EVER. Showing portions of code to paying affiliates doesn't count as open-source, mr. gates... it's either you show all your source code to the paying or non-paying public [even the GPL allows for commercial open-source distribution] or you don't release any code and you're among the other "normal" commercial distributors) program to leak some source code to Linus Torvalds? ;) Seriously, though... I hope that M$ will be forced to open up the code required to run windows apps. I'm all for OS diversity, but completely against OS monopoly, esp. by means of proprietary support. (most apps are written for windows, but what would happen to windows' market monopoly if suddenly Linux or even MacOS [BTW, I dislike mac os more than i dislike windows... at least you can play games on windows] could run windblows apps?) Until then, the open-source community is generally screwed on that large point.