PDA

View Full Version : Wtf

NeoRenegade
12th November 2001, 15:15
I was politely asked by EthanH to reduce my sig size from 22k to under 15k within 4 hours or else. When I politely refused, Twilightseer snapped at me. I shrunk the sig within 4 minutes.
So what now guys, you just don't like the way it looks?

Am I that big a pain in the ass?
Some of your are just plain full of yourselves.

<Edit>RayDream - apology accepted.</Edit>

Budgie
12th November 2001, 22:16
I followed the thread that you are talking about Neo, and I seriously think that it was not right to be that bitchy towards you.

Your sig only was 7k above the limit, where's the need to hurry you to cut its size down within four hours? :confused:

Others (*cough* DJ ROACH *cough*) used to have several animated GIFs in their sigs, taking up almost 100k of size (!!!), and actually nobody fucking cared about that.

... I believe that shows it ... .. .

Peace.

weedsatan
13th November 2001, 01:42
You can be :p

ps: My sig is grandier enough to be permitted to be slightly to big, right?

NeoRenegade
13th November 2001, 03:24
<Edit>Haha... 30k's WS? Heh. It is sweet, tho.</Edit>

Twilightseer had simply posted for me to shrink my sig, which I did in about 2 minutes and re-posted on my server.

Then all of a sudden he edited his message the way it is now, more threatening... I really don't get some people.

Anyway, I've given up on that funny animated image for now since he seems to hate it so much. Back to square one... a simple sig and a link-list. Anybody who doesn't like it can shove it up their ass because both my sig and avatar combined don't even come close to 10k, let alone the 30k allowed.

weedsatan
13th November 2001, 05:09
Yeah well sorry, beauty has his price!

and there is still some fun to be done with sigs.. how small thay may be..

Twilightseer
13th November 2001, 07:57
Of course, Neo. You're the victim, always. Everyone is against you, the entire world is so unkind... You already gave me that speech when we talked once in #*******, I don't buy it anymore.
I got pissed off because you openly defied ethan_h just for the sake of it. I edited my post to reflect this opinion, that's all.
Power makes us crazy ? Fuck this. ethan_h and myself directly asked raydream in #******* to immediately post an apology after he insulted Neo, which he did. We treat people the same way and there's no fucking scapegoat here.
Give me a break.

Bilbo Baggins
13th November 2001, 09:49
Certainly guv'nor. What'll it be? Arms, leg? Perhaps a nice broken neck?

Twilightseer
13th November 2001, 11:27
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
Certainly guv'nor. What'll it be? Arms, leg? Perhaps a nice broken neck?

You're such a funny guy, aren't you ?

If you have a problem with me, PM me, drop in #******* or post a thread backstage. That's all I have to say.

. - .... .- -. ....
13th November 2001, 11:59
Originally posted by NeoRenegade
I was politely asked by EthanH to reduce my sig size from 22k to under 15k within 4 hours or else...

WTF is right. Where the hell did I tell you to reduce your sig "within 4 hours or else"??? My exact words were:

Originally posted by ethan_h
Sig is a little too big @ 22k Neo (max 15k) - Mind reducing it a little?

Nowhere in that post did I give you such an ultimatum. I asked, as you said, politely if you could reduce your sig size. This topic has been raised backstage and it was decided that we need to start asking members to reduce their signature if they are oversized. That includes the moderators, and one or two were asked to reduce their signature. raydream also posted, and was warned in #******* that

[ethan_h] raydream - make a post like that again and you'll be the one receiving the warning letters
[raydream] ok :(
[Twilightseer] Ray
[raydream] ya?
[Twilightseer] Post an apology, and it's forgotten

It was more convenient for me to say it in #*******, thats why I didn't post in the boards. No need for post pumping.

You refused to reduce your sig size. You're not always the victim Neo. You've spent a lot of time being arrogant towards newer members, and being insulting to others. You have been warned in the past and it has been pointed out by other members and moderators. When the same actions are pointed towards you, you don't like it, and complain. Now you know how those "stupid newbies" feel. In my eyes, everything goes full circle - if you show respect towards the other members then the same will be shown towards you, otherwise what do you expect.

mr_sax
13th November 2001, 15:27
ROFL!!!

omfg this thread makes me laugh so hard..
wait wait i must control myself i must! i'm in my school after all :rolleyes:

bilbo that was fantastic... FANTASTIC!!

weedsatan
14th November 2001, 03:20
It sux neo, but well you do bitch a lot...

And personally i dont feel the need for sigs <15K..So I'm with you on the fact that is was stupid to make it smaller..
But you overreacted in your response..

Bizznatch
14th November 2001, 05:19
My whole sig including the pics and the text is a total of just a little under 12k, so I'm fine I guess... :)

weedsatan
14th November 2001, 06:01
i'm not..

I'll probably have the biggest sig of all WA..
just under 30k..

s1138
14th November 2001, 10:04
if everyones sig was 7k over the limit, that would be pretty big.

NeoRenegade
15th November 2001, 03:39
I'm sorry for being a jackass.

Let me try and explain myself. I didn't flat out refuse to change my sig. It was with the insight that some members such as WeedSatan have sigs that are well over the limit that I believed I could do so as well.
Well, clearly, as my behaviour has never been good, apparently I am no longer priviledged as a regular member to stretch signature rules. I can accept that, as now size-wise my sig is pretty tiny.
However I find it offensive to be retold my personal offenses time and again when I make myself a new sig that you don't like.
I also find it annoying how it's your tendency to ask me politely to do things and then snap at me when I politely decline to do so unless you insist.
I feel no need to go on because I guess at this point we've all made too big a deal out of it.

Bilbo Baggins
16th November 2001, 00:31
Originally posted by Twilightseer

You're such a funny guy, aren't you ?

If you have a problem with me, PM me, drop in #******* or post a thread backstage. That's all I have to say.

I think you misread the intention of my post. It was not an attack, it was just a little humour. You said "give me a break" and in the indomitable Baggins fashion, i replied with a (crap) joke.

Nothing against you personally. I mean i know your French and all...

(That was a joke too:p)

Twilightseer
16th November 2001, 07:08
OK, Bilbo :)

English humor is no longer what it used to be :D ;)

Bilbo Baggins
16th November 2001, 09:14
:)

Cool.

. - .... .- -. ....
16th November 2001, 09:54
Nothing against you personally. I mean i know your French and all...

That's what I've been trying to tell him for the past six months!! Maybe now you'll listen to me, Seer....

:D

jns
16th November 2001, 11:18
OK, Bilbo :)

Is any humor? :p

Bilbo Baggins
16th November 2001, 21:33

I know. I mean we cannot take the piss out of non white people anymore without getting our asses wh00ped.

c2R
18th November 2001, 14:48

I know. I mean we cannot take the piss out of non white people anymore without getting our asses wh00ped.

The big problem is that 99% of English humour is taking the piss out of people... so were we to stop doing it we'd be seen as a race with no sense of humor at all :(

Bilbo Baggins
18th November 2001, 16:04
I told you that Thatcher was bad :P

rm'
18th November 2001, 18:40
Gawddammit... I really hate bringing a discussion back to an unfavorable topic, but I'm really getting sick of all this mod bashing that's been going on. These good folks volunteer their time to help and enlighten us, and we berate them in return when they try to do their job. They've got enough troubles as it is, they don't need us to put on a 4 year old "Mommy, he hit me!" act.

Budgie
18th November 2001, 20:11
Well spoken, Radioactive Man. I totally agree, we all seriously have better things to do than starting flame wars again :).

Peace.

Bilbo Baggins
19th November 2001, 10:01
I love bashing...

weedsatan
19th November 2001, 10:38
Why doesnt that surprise me? :rolleyes:

Twilightseer
19th November 2001, 13:16
Originally posted by Radioactive Man
Gawddammit... I really hate bringing a discussion back to an unfavorable topic, but I'm really getting sick of all this mod bashing that's been going on. These good folks volunteer their time to help and enlighten us, and we berate them in return when they try to do their job. They've got enough troubles as it is, they don't need us to put on a 4 year old "Mommy, he hit me!" act.

When do you get back in the team, RM ? :)

Thanks for your post.

. - .... .- -. ....
20th November 2001, 19:08
Originally posted by Budgie
Others (*cough* DJ ROACH *cough*) used to have several animated GIFs in their sigs, taking up almost 100k of size (!!!), and actually nobody fucking cared about that.

... I believe that shows it ... .. .

Peace.

Exactly my point - "used to have". Despite what you think about nobody caring about his sig size, it was one of the first ones mentioned backstage, and was the basis for us asking for sig sizes to be reduced, as they were beginning to get out of control. As far as I know, the Sarge resizsed and hosted the pics for his new signature, so a solution was found.

Budgie
20th November 2001, 22:10
Yeah, in DJ Roach's case, he almost instantly decreased his signature's size after I pointed out that his sig size was almost 100k.

Well, I seriously think that only minority of members actually care about big signature sizes, as otherwise, people would be having their sig sizes within the limit :rolleyes: ... And as for me, as a regular member, without access to the backstage area, had no clue that you mods were talking about people with too big signatures ... :rolleyes:

You all-mighty mods do check members' signatures being within the maximum size limits, right? ;)

I actually don't really care too much about the longer time it needs for 100k sigs to be transferred, I basically care more about the principle, the rule itself.

Peace.

NeoRenegade
21st November 2001, 03:56
In all reality sig size shouldn't matter too much, since all browsers load the text on a page before the images, so your forum readin experience would not be adversely affected by someone's sig even if it were several hundred kilobytes in size.

. - .... .- -. ....
21st November 2001, 10:47
Not sure what browser you are using, but if I load a page from a slow connetction - sure the text appears, but when the pictures start loading it shifts the entire text below it down, or to the right, depending on the location of the picture. And when the same big sig pops up 5 or 6 times in a post, then it does affect your ability to read a page.

Budgie - I usually right-click on a big sig just to see how big it is. Can't speak for the others. If it's big then I usually ask for it to be reduced. I haven't been a mod for long, so I haven't done this too often. But you are right - the rule is there, if 90% of the people follow it, then why should the remainder get treated any different.

jns
21st November 2001, 10:52
Yes, and not only that, when using tables, some browsers have to load all images and evrytihng before displaying the table.