PDA

View Full Version : Worst Commercial

Bizznatch
1st December 2001, 07:44
What is the worst commercial you have ever seen/heard either on TV or Radio? I've seen some really annoying ones, especially lately because of the holiday season.

Aeroe
1st December 2001, 17:05
carrottop in those 1-800-call-att commercials

someone kill him...

c2R
1st December 2001, 17:14
Any commercial by Asda "that's Asda price", and all that crap.

Pure evil :D

rm'
1st December 2001, 18:10
Originally posted by Aeroe
carrottop in those 1-800-call-att commercials

someone kill him...

Ick.

Mike "THE HAMMER!" Shapiro litigation ads. I guess you have to be in or around upstate NY to know what I'm talking about.

I'm Mike, THE HAMMER!, Shapiro, and I can get you money NOW!"

Yossarian
1st December 2001, 18:23
The urge to herbal shampoo commercials. I've tried it. It doesn't work.

chiquita chad
1st December 2001, 20:08
the safe auto commercials really suck. they piss me off every time i see one

Bilbo Baggins
1st December 2001, 21:37
Toy Doll adverts.

The worst i have EVER seen was called Baby Wee Wee

And here is the little chap...
http://www.mailorderexpress.com/shop/prdpics/84901.jpg

This freaked me out too.
http://www.mailorderexpress.com/shop/prdpics/71551.jpg

c2R
1st December 2001, 21:42
I agree absolutely Bilbo. :D

I was freaked out when I was about 10 or something by those Cabbage Patch doll commercials on Thames TV.

I mean who would want a toy that looked as scary as that? :confused:

Bilbo Baggins
1st December 2001, 21:47
http://www.mailorderexpress.com/shop/prdpics/84901.jpg

I think it is pretty obscene that you should expect your kids to pull the pants down off the thing, and make it go wee wee when half of them cannot do that themselves!

And then we wonder why people like PabUK are so disturbed:rolleyes: :D

randman
1st December 2001, 23:10
Originally posted by Radioactive Man
Ick.

Mike "THE HAMMER!" Shapiro litigation ads. I guess you have to be in or around upstate NY to know what I'm talking about.

Nah. Ads like that are everywhere. Even in little ol' Kansas City. :)

Originally posted by Yossarian
The urge to herbal shampoo commercials. I've tried it. It doesn't work.
LMAO!! :D

Personally I hate the "I'm a gecko. This is not Gieco." ads. (And the Carrot Top ones as well.)

fish
1st December 2001, 23:25
Gruin and Gruin, Attorneys!

http://forums.winamp.com/ubb/eek.gif

rm'
2nd December 2001, 01:34
Originally posted by randman

Nah. Ads like that are everywhere. Even in little ol' Kansas City. :)

I don't think so... this guy is a freakin' schizo... he has this tendency to yell every last word of a sentence so hard that the veins on his forehead pop out, and he looks like he's about to pass out at the end of the commercial. Honestly, he looks like he's out to filet every person at the recieving end of a lawsuit, and eat their babies. Nuts.

dam
2nd December 2001, 08:27
IMHO the worst commercial - cyberainoutpost.com
IIRC the shot a gibbit through a hole in the O of a billboard bearun the company's name.This was a year back.

Xerxes
2nd December 2001, 10:14
We have this mattress seller here with this annoying little person
"We'll beat any advertised price or your mattress is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

He really says it like that :mad:

randman
2nd December 2001, 11:12

I don't think so... this guy is a freakin' schizo... he has this tendency to yell every last word of a sentence so hard that the veins on his forehead pop out, and he looks like he's about to pass out at the end of the commercial. Honestly, he looks like he's out to filet every person at the recieving end of a lawsuit, and eat their babies. Nuts.

Hmmmm. Maybe he's a former WWF wrestler who just happens to have a law degree. Look at Governer Jesse "The Body" Ventura. :D

ElChevelle
3rd December 2001, 14:47
Carrottop, the Geiko gecko and Miss Cleo are bed buddies.

I'll just hang on to Eva Savalot for mine:p

ElChevelle
3rd December 2001, 14:51
Originally posted by randman
Look at Governer Jesse "The Body" Ventura. :D

I really try not to:p

weedsatan
3rd December 2001, 15:00
All adds about hygiene.

they need to inform so they cant be all snappy and all..
so they suck!

n_ick2000
3rd December 2001, 23:16
The ones I hate the most are those that you can tell were produced in the 80's or early 90's and just re-used. They are just so crappy. When I see one, it makes me so angry.

fish
3rd December 2001, 23:23
"Garfield 1 23 23"

I never even figured out what the commercial was for! =)

dollerspark
5th December 2001, 03:48
Usually those matress commercials and RV commercials are just awful.

So are the ones for Hormel chili where they say "Demand it." That pisses me off. Why don't those lazy fat-asses go get it themselves...

Infomercials are also pretty bad, but they are sooo much fun to make fun of!

Anyway...

missyob
5th December 2001, 04:49

Oh my RM, you must live in Syracuse. That guy is so annoying. Everytime I see his stupid commercials I want to either scream or have him committed.

~ Missy

rm'
5th December 2001, 04:59
Toronto, but the affiliate stations for FOX, NBC and ABC are all from Buffalo, so I have the (dis)pleasure of seeing his ad. Come to think of it, I haven't seen one in ages...

missyob
5th December 2001, 05:01
I just thought I would liven your night and let you know his commercials still exist. My mom lives in Syracuse, and I am subjected to his wonderful paid tv time slots on a regular basis.

I will tape them for you :D

~ Missy

Vie
9th December 2001, 20:43
On Plymouth's local station they have an advert for this guy called larry spears (a guy who sell's beds) who sing's off key "My name is larry spears, I sell carpets and beds, there's no delay you can have them today, my name is larry spears!!!!" I wish the guy would drop dead. Probably works for SATAN.

c2R
9th December 2001, 21:26
I heard that one when I was down your way the other month Vie.

I agree, it was bad :D

The worst radio one we've got is playing on all the London stations (practically) about motorists who drive in bus lanes not giving a toss about their fellow Londoners.

Which is an interesting point, as I'm sure the 3 people an hour that use the M4 bus lane don't give a toss about the thousands of motorists an hour that are stuck in longer traffic jams because of it... :rolleyes:

Bilbo Baggins
9th December 2001, 21:32
The Grinch Pinch competition advert on Cartoon Network REALLY made me cry. It was so shit.

Vie
10th December 2001, 17:29
Did you knowtice how bad the drivers are (if you whent into Plymouth) Most woulnt know a bus lane if it savagly atacked them with the Tarmack!!! The rest are to bissy slowing down waiting for the light's to go red or cuting up each other. where I live there are No bus stops because the last time there was the bus was er... Recycled.
wich leaves me as a pedestran in trouble!

Merlin
10th December 2001, 18:49
Never mind, Vie. Can't be as bad as your grammar. :D

Adverts are lame. This one in the UK, for Pampers nappies (diapers) is godawful. Argh! And those "Are you aged 50-80? You're going to die. Give us all your money and we might give half of it back to your kids if we feel like it" ones they show before Countdown? Don't get me started! :mad:

However, I love the new Boddingtons one - "Pint survival during shark attack". Class :D

c2R
11th December 2001, 01:05
Originally posted by Vie
Did you knowtice how bad the drivers are (if you whent into Plymouth) Most woulnt know a bus lane if it savagly atacked them with the Tarmack!!! The rest are to bissy slowing down waiting for the light's to go red or cuting up each other. where I live there are No bus stops because the last time there was the bus was er... Recycled.
wich leaves me as a pedestran in trouble!

I didn't think the drivers were that bad... they'd have a tough time around north london, granted. The main problem was that they all seemed to be OAPs and very slow... constant speed of 45mph wherever they drove - be it in town, or on a dual carriageway...

Bilbo Baggins
11th December 2001, 09:15
Originally posted by MerlinTheWizard

However, I love the new Boddingtons one - "Pint survival during shark attack". Class :D

I preferred the ICe Cream one, where you saw that lovely cleavage :)

Merlin
11th December 2001, 12:47
The cleavage that belonged, and indeed still does, to Melanie Sykes.

"You want a flake in that?"

Yes, please!!! :D