View Full Version : My pack is sent... now to wait for Winamp review...
17th March 2002, 20:57
My pack's been published at 2 places :
v0.9 (the same as the one in the forums) in DeviantART.com
Final version - Just submitted to Winamp - I now need to wait for review.
Since I am a good person, here's the final version of my pack.
22nd March 2002, 09:06
good stuff man...
22nd March 2002, 12:00
Well, I won't do 'em all, but here goes.
* animatext - Good visuals. Creative use of text as a filter. Would benefit from better beat detection, but what can you do?
* crude painting - Good choice of colours. The backgroud really helps make this one. It brings the whole window in on the action and gives the colours a nice irregular fade.
* cyclone - Would benefit from some changes in direction of movement. A bit of red or yellow could do wonders.
* filters2 - Nice, but more movement in the background would make it more interesting.
* final frontier - Not my bag. I never really liked that kind of preset.
* interferenz - I never really liked the interference filter.
* kaleidoscope - Too much white. It's hard on my eyes at 6 AM after crashing on the livingroom sofa.
* kaleidoscope 2 - I always found this type of preset nice and colourful but kind of boring. I prefer movement as a whole. (see moving kaleidoscope in my preset pack)
* other kaleidoscopes - too slow on my comp.
* marble floor - Again, the white thing.
* neon lights - Liked it, don't really know why. It just came together for me.
* nowhere to be found - I'd prefer a gradually changing superscope and a less than instantaneous switch of rotation direction. If it had that, this would be a winner for me.
* our planet- I liked it except for the unfortunate bleeding of the edges that movements produce. Aside from that it's good.
* pillaroid - Holy crap! that's a lot of DMs. Combine some of them and should speed things up. It would be nice if the movement reacted to the music.
* SCSVwBD - Reminds me of MOD players. <sniff> Those were the glory days. <snicker>
* sightseeing - Liked that one.
* stargazing - Smoth tansitions on the movment would be good.
* welcome to the math class - Perhaps if my math class were this interesting I'd have stayed awake :)
* wheel of life - I wouldn't mind a definate sence of something on top. I find it a little to blended.
* wish upon the stars - I dunno, this one just didn't click
* kaleidoscope 3 - I like smooth transitions. Maybe it's just the type of person I am, but I like flowy stuff.
* cosmic blanket - Smoothness again
* galacticon - I liked it better with the first unique tone turned off... that whold brighness thing again (though it's not nearly so bad now that the sun is up). You made the right decision about adding the cos in the DM.
* fiery aftermath - Ahh... reminders of the demo scene. I liked it.
* waterscope - Nice and relaxing.
* pure Insanity - Painful to watch (ouch my eyes)
* plasma - Heh heh... looks like a spider getting electocuted. I did like it though. The negatie bars moving around gave it an egde. Now if only they could move independantly and cancel eachother out.
* mixaroo coloradoo - Bliss.
* very bright
* not too shabby
* lots of presets give it variety, but be careful not to let quantity replace quality
* 3 / 5
* The files are listed in the order you copy them into the directory. If you want your intro first, copy it first.
* You like bright things.
Whew, how was that? I think I lost it somewhere near the end.
23rd March 2002, 01:50
Ever tried my presets in DAYLIGHT jahackelsafar?
Well, they *are* bright - but too dark also doesn't seem right to me. Getting in between is not easy.
I'll see what I can do with Pillaroid... (Some of the DM are just for alphablend - so that the 2 presets merge together. I don't think you can do 2 alphablends in one DM...)
About "Wish Upon the Stars" -
Attached to this is a slightly optimized version.
(Original version is w/o SSC)
23rd March 2002, 06:15
Yeah, the speed up does help. I think it's the flashes of colour that overpwoered the rest of it. The speedup did improve on that quite a bit.
As for daylight, I try to avoid it. It ruins my nice healthy pallor with an icky tan. :D
24th March 2002, 06:06
Hmm... Just thinking, you might be able to speed up pillariod by using a b&w(&g) bmp to use as a mask agains which to multiply your foreground to eliminate some alpha blending DMs (they're all static). See 'colour-blind moth' for as example (kinda).
Didn't actually try it myself, just tossing the idea out there.
24th March 2002, 17:48
I'd like to do so, but all I have is Microsoft Paint :cry:
Can you do it for me?
To keep the size to minimum :
1. Get the "drawing board" to be a square (my window is 328x328... 300x300 pic should work good)
2. Make a checkerboard, made of 4 squares (so there's black space bottom left anf top right)
3. Gradient the black boxes' way up/down to the white boxes.
4. Why that? I don't need 2 pictures. I can always mirror left-right or right-left for top or bottom.
25th March 2002, 05:35
Give it a whirl.
They make paintshop pro, nice paint program.
30th March 2002, 17:16
Final version is now also released in DeviantArt - long wait for Winamp.com ain't gonna worth it for a lot of people...
Link : http://www.deviantart.com/deviation.php?id=254048
5th April 2002, 00:58
My pack's finally released on Winamp... (http://www.winamp.com/plugins/detail.jhtml?componentId=99814)
Go ahead and rate it =)
(Hmm, by the time it's up, I already made 15+ presets for my next pack... quite a time...)
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.