View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2005, 05:50   #33
Mouser X
@ Koopatrooper: When it comes to SPCs, what Winamp plugin do you use? I've been using SNESAmp, and it works great (though you may need 3.1 instead of 3.2)(3.2 introduced some bugs, and unwanted behaviour, so I reverted back to 3.1). SNESAmp reads the SPCs directly from the RAR archives as well. However, you'll need to rename it *.rsn for it to work. And, unlike DrO's plugin, it access it exactly like a directory. An example, pasted directly from my active playlist:

#EXTINF:107,Super Dai Koukai Jidai - Overture
X:\00_Music\Emulated Audio\SPCs\00_D\uw.rsn\uw-01.spc
#EXTINF:120,Super Dai Koukai Jidai - Menu
X:\00_Music\Emulated Audio\SPCs\00_D\uw.rsn\uw-02.spc

If you don't use SNESAmp, I recommend that you at least give it a try. You can find it at (I think). Because of that plugin, I have 13895 SPCs, and it takes up less than 72mb of drive space. So, even though DrO's plugin supports reading from RARs, I won't be using that for my SPCs. The one I have already works great.

As for sound accuracy, I have compared SPCs to the original soundtrack (mainly Megaman X series), and it is very very close to the original (though I do seem to recall it being either higher, or lower, pitched than the actual OST, but not by much).

Anyway, if that's of any interest to you, I recommend that you look into it. Mouser X over and out.

[EDIT] P.S. If you need to get 3.1, let me know, and I'll put it somewhere you can get it, or I'll email it, or something. All they have on their site is 3.2