Thread: Winamp News
View Single Post
Old 21st February 2014, 21:43   #103
luv-snail

I've been using Winamp on a daily basis for 16 years; it has become an integral part of my life, such that I cannot imagine living without it.

It was Winamp that introduced me to MP3 and the world of online music sharing (first by IRC DCC, then along came Napster). Winamp soundtracked my days and nights through my college years, and while my fascination with Linux blossomed, Winamp always stopped me from switching.

When Winamp joined the AOL family, I feared for its safety. As the nightmare of Winamp3 unfolded I felt sure my fears were being realised. But Winamp held strong, Winamp 5 rose from the ashes and I knew then my companion had returned. When I went to university and the pressure of fast-paced study started to get to me, it was Winamp (with the AcidSpunk vis plugin) that calmed me down. And a doobie, obviously.

Last year I got married, and we used Winamp to lovingly craft the playlists that soundtracked the ceremony. So many of the places and faces I have known have come and gone, but Winamp has been at my side for the whole journey. Now we're planning to start a family, and someday I hope to share the joy of Winamp with my children. One day, I will shuffle off this mortal coil, but I shall know no fear as long as I know Winamp will be there supplying the tunes at my funeral.

Radionomy - I don't know who you are, but please look after Winamp.

P.S. I am listening to Winamp as I write this.
luv-snail is offline   Reply With Quote