X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaekwad2
    Foorum King
    • Jul 2003

Also he's not in a position to do anything.

If you want to start a campaign, ask radionomy how much they'd sell Winamp for, then add enough to hire a few developers and try your luck. I'm not sure there's enough public interest in resurrecting an old media player but stranger things have gotten crowdfunded.

Comment

• FuriAl
      • Sep 2017

Hola, seguro que acá en el foro hay unos cuantos programadores, la mejor forma de revivirlo de a poco seria empezar a actualizar las carátulas y los plugins, eso puede ser de forma anónima y externa sin nada que ver con la companía de winamp, de esa manera solo diríamos que esta en coma y no muerto

Si en realidad el reproductor anda bien, lo que necesita es una nueva lavada de cara y la creación de algunos plugins estables y que se amolden a la actualidad, creo que con eso lo convertiríamos en la versión (6.Comunidad), es una linda fantasia e idea que se me ocurrió, si yo supiera hacer los plugins o diseño gráfico lo haría con gusto, en lo que puedo ayudar es en la creación de un nuevo foro para esta locura, tengo un VPS y se armar foros y paginas web en PHP.

PD: Vean el lado positivo y no sean tan deprimente y esperar a que solo una persona haga todo, si los que sabemos y podemos nos ponemos de acuerdo podemos dar aunque sea una lavada de cara para que tenga una nueva imagen, aunquesea para nosotros, los fanáticos de winamp.

Comment

• DJ-Garybaldy
        Forum King
        • Sep 2003

Originally Posted by FuriAl View Post
        Hola, seguro que acá en el foro hay unos cuantos programadores, la mejor forma de revivirlo de a poco seria empezar a actualizar las carátulas y los plugins, eso puede ser de forma anónima y externa sin nada que ver con la companía de winamp, de esa manera solo diríamos que esta en coma y no muerto

Si en realidad el reproductor anda bien, lo que necesita es una nueva lavada de cara y la creación de algunos plugins estables y que se amolden a la actualidad, creo que con eso lo convertiríamos en la versión (6.Comunidad), es una linda fantasia e idea que se me ocurrió, si yo supiera hacer los plugins o diseño gráfico lo haría con gusto, en lo que puedo ayudar es en la creación de un nuevo foro para esta locura, tengo un VPS y se armar foros y paginas web en PHP.

PD: Vean el lado positivo y no sean tan deprimente y esperar a que solo una persona haga todo, si los que sabemos y podemos nos ponemos de acuerdo podemos dar aunque sea una lavada de cara para que tenga una nueva imagen, aunquesea para nosotros, los fanáticos de winamp.
        Google translate

Hello, I'm sure that here in the forum there are a few programmers, the best way to revive it would be to start updating the covers and plugins, that can be anonymously and externally with nothing to do with the winamp company, from that way we would only say that it is in a coma and not dead

If in reality the player is doing well, what it needs is a new face wash and the creation of some stable plugins and that conform to the present time, I think with that we would turn it into the version (6.Community), it is a beautiful fantasy and idea that I came up with, if I knew how to do the plugins or graphic design I would do it with pleasure, what I can help is in creating a new forum for this madness, I have a VPS and set up forums and web pages in PHP.

PS: Look at the positive side and do not be so depressing and wait for only one person to do everything, if those who know and we can agree we can give even a face wash to have a new image, even for us, winamp fans.

RadioDJ - Winamp - SAMBC

Comment

• DJ Egg
          Spectral Techorator
          • Jun 2000

Originally Posted by Anvil View Post
          Somebody. Please. For the precious love of the cosmos, get in touch with Egg. Does he need donations? Does he need a GoFundMe or something? Can we petition his lawyer? Anything!

I truly wish there was something I can do.

Believe me, no-one is more frustrated (and depressed & embarrassed) by the whole situation more than me.

I'm not a lead dev. I'm an engineer / technician / QA / support.
          DrO & Benski were the (most recent) lead devs.
          There's currently no lead dev working on Winamp.

Yes, we have a private/internal v5.8 beta, but there's nothing (much) new since I last posted :-(

Management has the final say, not me (or my lawyer, not that I even have a lawyer, heh).

I'm really sorry. All is not lost yet though, and I will never give up.

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• musicf8
            Major Dude
            • Apr 2013

Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
            Thanks Egg, there's nothing for you to be sorry about, you're doing what you can
            Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• theFAITHLESS
              • Sep 2017

its sad a bit, we can only wait for the good news.... nJoy.

Comment

• garetjax
                Candyass
                (Major Dude)
                • Apr 2001

DJEgg

DJ,

First of all please forgive this lengthy post; and I hope that my words ring in your heart and mind.

You my friend, are doing all and more than anyone should expect. We are not unlike, children eagerly in anticipation of the moment that x-mas is finally here, so that we may unwrap all that is good.

Your faith in this community has been as equal and leveled as many have soiled the good nature, and good faith of you and the team you once shared space with.

I for one applaud all that you do, believe in you and will constantly as long as this medium is available watch with baited breath at all that you divulge, and all that you cater to assist with those that do not understand the breadth of frustration you must feel.

You are amazing and there is nothing for which you should feel apologetic for, nor should you feel you have done anything other than continue to keep a struggling community going.

This long time asshat; really appreciates all that you do.

Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
                I truly wish there was something I can do.

Believe me, no-one is more frustrated (and depressed & embarrassed) by the whole situation more than me.

I'm not a lead dev. I'm an engineer / technician / QA / support.
                DrO & Benski were the (most recent) lead devs.
                There's currently no lead dev working on Winamp.

Yes, we have a private/internal v5.8 beta, but there's nothing (much) new since I last posted :-(

Management has the final say, not me (or my lawyer, not that I even have a lawyer, heh).

1001skins.net |
                That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk.

Comment

• musicf8
                  Major Dude
                  • Apr 2013

well said Garetjax
                  Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• garetjax
                    Candyass
                    (Major Dude)
                    • Apr 2001

A note for those making suggestions that winamp needs only programmers, plugin coders, skin designers and etc.

Those people do exist; and are in many cases still contributors to many solutions in their way. However, in many ways the wide breadth of the userbase that Winamp once had is while still large hardly; approaching what it once was.

This is not to say that there isn't a need for the program; there is a concerted effort by a great many to make things move forward.

Before you make a suggestion about open source, push this or that, asking skinner, plugin coders and programmers to commit their time once again. You have to ask yourself, why you are not contributing? Cannot code? Cannot Create Skins? Learn; do something if you feel so inclined to push others into doing something you are not willing to also do.

Some of my group, my friends, and many of those that have been here through, years of constant and continual changes, have contributed so much to this software to make it work that your suggestion may seem disingenuous to all those that have already done so much.

But what do I know, I'm an ass; I haven't contributed to anything remotely as time intensive as those that have designed, developed or created the millions of submissions that made winamp what it was.

sorry I've read way to many of these comments, and suggestions to hold my breath any longer.

:rant over: mod - please delete this post if out of character or in any way rude, offensive or just not what we want around.
                    1001skins.net |

Comment

• musicf8
                      Major Dude
                      • Apr 2013

Garetjax, you're saying what is true. I for one am not a programmer nor willing to go to such length as one. What you said it the harsh truth and I only have known DrO to say as such with some crazy question one might ask. In all reality, he is actually trying to push Winamp forward, along with Victhor and his skins. Aminifu has been given a lot of support, along with MrSinatra. Unfortunately DJ Egg is the one that has given us updates so I feel like people put him as responsible for this all ordeal. Which is not true because he can only do what he can.

Me personally, I have been a lurker since the forums came about and joined the forums back in 2006 under a different name until I decided to rejoin under a different name. Although small, I know there's dedicated users of winamp like myself that wish only the best in the future but I am cynical with radionomony and vivendi, largely because we haven't seen any changes and vivendi has a history of taking down mp3.com of which I was an active artist on.

I have nothing but respect for those that wish to keep winamp alive in one form or another much like you Garetjax with your 1001skins website, or DrO with his WACUP, or DJ Egg that is there to support us when his capabilities are so limited, or others that chime in to help others and such.

So with that said, respects to you all, I try to do what I can like reporting essay spam to keep this place clean for users of winamp. I know I cannot do much like develop a plugin but at least I can try to help to keep this community alive

Get wacup

Comment

• garetjax
                        Candyass
                        (Major Dude)
                        • Apr 2001

@musicf8, you at least are contributing...which is what winamp was originally in support of. A huge collection of people willing to contribute their time to making the software better. That is the core of my belief; were we can we support in our own way, within what we are capable of. We learn to do things that are within our own experience available to us to work with.

Some common sense would be advised, but most people coming by, making suggestions have no idea of the amount of work was being poured into winamp from its user base, they can only assume that with all of us still hanging around somehow we can now, make it even better. ::rollseyes::
                        1001skins.net |

Comment

• Archguy
                          • Jul 2012

Wow. Just came back here on a lark as I mentioned WinAmp on AudioKarma just now and amazed to see activity still. That's staying power, my friends.

Feeling all nostalgic just now. Salut

Comment

• musicf8
                            Major Dude
                            • Apr 2013

Good suggestions. I never really cared for the cd ripping capabilities in winamp (I think I tried it once when it first was included in it). I still use EAC today to rip any CDs that I buy because I think it gives me the most accurate rips (used audiograbber before that, and musicmatch before that, and then I think Audiocatalyst before that)

Get wacup

Comment

• DJ-Garybaldy
                              Forum King
                              • Sep 2003

Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
                              Good suggestions. I never really cared for the cd ripping capabilities in winamp (I think I tried it once when it first was included in it). I still use EAC today to rip any CDs that I buy because I think it gives me the most accurate rips (used audiograbber before that, and musicmatch before that, and then I think Audiocatalyst before that)
                              Blimey Musicmatch there's a program I ain't heard of in Donkey's years used to use it to burn disc and print off CD inserts

RadioDJ - Winamp - SAMBC

Comment

• Victhor
                                Late skinner & Moderator
                                • May 2003

So, here are some news for those eager to have something new on Winamp XD >> Big Bento Modern, my last skin, is designed to be the biggest possible update on the Winamp Default UI.
                                Everything is bigger, clearer, uncluttered, with animations and updated as much as possible to match nowadays music standards.

The skin was born with the idea to be a serious proposal for a new default skin on the next Winamp release (I thought about it as my best contribution to the development team while I was there), but I'm releasing it separatedly since a new Winamp version may never see the light of day.

Download and enjoy, it's still in beta but is very VERY usable (most bugs may come unnoticed depending on your music habits). >> Download here.
                                · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

Working...
                                X