View Single Post
Old 7th August 2010, 00:55   #291
Rothgar

Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaromanda View Post
Rothgar

re AAC+v2 configurations

AAC+v2, more correctly known as HE-AAC v2, is simply HE-AAC v1 with Parametric Stereo (PS) added. SO, there is no Parametric Stereo configuration for HE-AAC v2 ... as by definition, v2 has PS

I'm not sure what sc_trans 2 does regarding PS, but I know in nsvcap you can only select PS at 56kbit or lower

From what I recall, when I started playing with sc_trans v2, bitrates up to 56k will be HE-AACv2, 64k to 128k will be HE-AACv1. Not sure if it supports speeds above 128k, but I imagine streams above 128k would either be High Bitrate HE-AAC (up to 256k) or LC-AAC (up to 320k)
Ok interesting information, I don't know much about AAC just from what I have seen and experienced.

I know that in SAM for example you can choose on most of the bit rates I have selected including 128Kbit whether you want "Parametric Stereo", "Stereo", "Independent Stereo" etc.

In the earlier days I had to drop down to "Independent Stereo" because VLC would not play my streams, I am not sure if this is still the case. However now with sc_trans I don't know how you can set these options at all and choose what you want?

The only somewhat relevant setting I see throws an error saying it's invalid?

Quote:
aacpbitstreamformat - encoding format for aacp Default = 0 (ADTS) no other value should be used
0 - ADTS
1 - ADIF
2 - LATM
3 - LOAS
4 - RAW
5 - ADTS_MP4

Dawgclan Network
Genre: Rap/Hip-Hop
http://www.dawgclan.net