Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperPat
    • Mar 2006

Version 2.0 beta released in a new topic [http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=396961]

Comment

• extremecarver
      • Apr 2013

thanks - works 100% without errors with my old script and nsis 3.0. Is it possible to set a custom window size for the installer? Or only use the predefined small/big (or normal) .nsi examples?

Comment

• SuperPat
        • Mar 2006

You can change the size the windows size by editing the resources of the file NSIS\Contrib\UIs\UltraModernUI\UltraModern.exe with a tool like ResourceHacker and set in your script the UMUI_UI define with the path of your own exe resource file

Comment

• extremecarver
          • Apr 2013

thanks a lot. Will give it a try.

Comment

• TrifonovS
            • Apr 2009

Hi!
            I need some help. I tried to compile my scripts with this Ultra-Modern User Interface to see how the installer look like. If I use the standard pages all works fine. But I have some small modifications in some pages, for example in the Finish page. I'm not familiar with this InstallOptions plug-in, but I saw how the page is created and similar to this, I made my modifications. As a result I see what I need and it works as expected, but the new text that I have added (I created one more field with a check-box) has different color - the background is grey instead of blue and the text is black instead of white. Probably there is an easy explanation about this, but as I already said, I'm not familiar with InstallOptions plug-in and I couldn't find the answer in the documentation and in the forum.

Comment

• TrifonovS
              • Apr 2009

Meantime I fixed the problem by inserting of few lines like these for my new fields:

GetDlgItem $MUI_TEMP1 $MUI_HWND ${UMUI_INTERNAL_FIDSIXTH}
              !insertmacro UMUI_IOPAGECTLTRANSPARENT_INIT $MUI_TEMP1

I don't know what they are doing (probably they make the field background transparent), but now all looks like it should be.

Comment

• SuperPat
                • Mar 2006

Hi,

Originally Posted by TrifonovS View Post
                I don't know what they are doing (probably they make the field background transparent), but now all looks like it should be.
                Yes you are right

Comment

• Bodenseematze
                  • Mar 2016

Fixes and Additions

In the last two years I used "NSIS 2.46.5 - Unicode" together with "UMUI 1.0b2" and did some additions and fixes for it (e.g. the PRE functions were not available for all pages).
                  Additionally I have some translated text in languages which were empty or incomplete.

I now had a look at UMUI 2.0b1 together with NSIS3 - and it seems that most of my changes (even the fixes) are still meaningful.

@SuperPat: are you interested in my changes?
                  If yes, how can I provide them to you? As a zip file with the whole package?
                  Step by step with small patches?
                  Shall I sign up to github and add it there (never did that)?

Comment

• SuperPat
                    • Mar 2006

You can send your change in this thread as patch or in some pull requests on GitHub

Comment

• laterist
                      • Mar 2017

Bulgarian translation

Hey, SuperPat,

I have translated the UMUI 2 language file into Bulgarian using "Contrib\UltraModernUI\Language files\English.nsh" as a template.
                      I am attaching it to this post, but please tell me if there is some other way in which to submit translations, since I couldn't find any.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• SuperPat
                        • Mar 2006

Old UltraModernUI v1.0 Thread

Originally Posted by laterist View Post
                        Hey, SuperPat,

I have translated the UMUI 2 language file into Bulgarian using "Contrib\UltraModernUI\Language files\English.nsh" as a template.
                        I am attaching it to this post, but please tell me if there is some other way in which to submit translations, since I couldn't find any.
                        Thanks committed. Sorry for delay I was busy.

Comment

• Nutzzz
                          • May 2007

UltraModernUI MUI_UNPAGE_SERIALNUMBER and UMUI_UNPAGE_ADDITIONALTASKS

Among UltraModernUI's great custom pages are 2 that take function parameters: MUI_PAGE_SERIALNUMBER and UMUI_PAGE_ADDITIONALTASKS.

I may be doing something wrong, but the uninstaller versions, e.g., UMUI_UNPAGE_SERIALNUMBER and UMUI_UNPAGE_ADDITIONALTASKS don't appear to work because it seems to be trying to call the function parameters during the install ("non-uninstall") phase.

I've tried many variations, but no luck. Attached is a quick test script to show the behavior.

code:
                          Call must not be used with functions starting with "un." in the non-uninstall sections.
                          Usage: Call function_name | [:label_name]
                          Error in macro MUI_INSTALLOPTIONS_WRITE_DEFAULTCONVERT on macroline 14
                          Error in macro UMUI_FUNCTION_SERIALNUMBERPAGE on macroline 16
                          Error in macro UMUI_PAGE_SERIALNUMBER on macroline 35
                          Error in macro UMUI_UNPAGE_SERIALNUMBER on macroline 7
                          Error in script "UnSerialTest.nsi" on line 23 -- aborting creation process

I know both functions seem a bit strange to include in an uninstaller, but I have a need for the former.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• SuperPat
                            • Mar 2006

Old UltraModernUI v1.0 Thread

you need to replace
                            !insertmacro MUI_UNPAGE_CONFIRM
                            by
                            !insertmacro UMUI_UNPAGE_CONFIRM

and all works fine
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Nutzzz
                              • May 2007

Hi, @SuperPat. Yes, as you found, there were a few issues with that incarnation of my test file, but the main issue was with the missing MUI_PAGE_UNINSTALLER_FUNCPREFIX defines that I reported on GitHub and that you resolved on Oct 31.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X