View Single Post
Old 11th September 2013, 15:28   #144
tnblank77

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and have experiencing stuttering while the screen is off with the Notification Bar Type settings "Player Controls" or "Player Controls Advanced". Oddly enough when I use either of these settings stutter appears to cease when I turn off the screen while any Winamp screen is open (even the lock screen).

Restarting the phone also makes the stuttering go away for a while, but then it eventually rears it's ugly head. I do not experience stuttering when I use the default media player.

Some specs:
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-M919)
Android Version: 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
Winamp Version: 1.4.11 (Free, will buy Pro if free works well )

The 6410 songs loaded on my phone are 128kbps MP3 files (converted from FLAC using Winamp Pro on my PC).

Using the following with Winamp (all other settings OFF):
* 4x1 Widget
* Lock-screen Player
* Notification Bar Type: "Player Controls Advanced"

Another issue I am having is that I use a PIN unlock and when playing music and turning the screen on the PIN unlock screen will be displayed for as second or two before the Winamp lock screen appears. This is fairly frustrating as sometimes I start entering my PIN out of habit and then the Winamp lock screen appears, and then I have to re-enter the PIN again. Or if I wanted to pause my song I have to sit there and stare at the screen until the lock screen opens. This only happens when the Winamp lock screen wasn't previously visible.

And please allow us to sync to the SD card via Wi-Fi in the future! This will make me a very happy panda!