X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeterK.
    Quinto Black CT Developer
    • Sep 2016

I linked the side panels of both VU Meters (analog and digital) to the Main Player which means that changing the side panels color on the Main Player will automatically change the color on the VU Meters. Now you can choose between brown, red and black.

Attached Files
    Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PeterK.
      • Sep 2016

This is the last feature for the upcoming version 1.3.
      I added a colorButton on each VU Meter so now you can switch between beige/blue scale background and green/blue LEDs.

The small LED on the analog VU Meter indicates which color scheme was chosen: beige or blue.

The same pattern works on the digital VU Meter but in green or blue color:

And this is how the digital VU Meter looks like with more colors:

Attached Files
      Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PEACE101
        • May 2017

hello, am having a problem friend with alternating skins when i click next

Comment

• PeterK.
          • Sep 2016

[FONT="Verdana"]I removed the Side Panels (SP) button from the Equalizer drawer and added a context menu entry "Side Panels" which contains three sub menus: brown, dark brown, red and black. These are the colors for the side panels which you have on the Main Player, VU Meter (analog) and VU Meter (digital).

Attached Files
          Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PeterK.
            • Sep 2016

Hello again,

I must be honest with you: I am still experimenting with my VU Meters and their design. One thing is sure, I added a new color to both meters so you can now choose between beige/blue and brown on the analog meter and brown/blue/green on the digital.

The color option on the analog VU Meter changes also the color of the menu button background. In addition I would like to point out here that these buttons are disabled while Winamp is in POWER OFF mode. Following the same pattern like on the Main Player, only the color toggle buttons work in that (lights off) mode.

The colors on both meters work totally independently from each other, there is not link whatsoever. You may choose blue scale and green LED's, it's up to you. Do as you please!

Oh yes, I also added three new color themes (VU Beige, VU Blue and VU Brown) which correspond almost perfectly with the chosen scale color.

Let's head over to the "goodies" now! I have three new screenshots for you.

This is the beige color theme:

This would be the blue one:

And the brown one:

And what's your favorite color scheme?

Attached Files
            Quinto Black CT

Comment

• ariszlo
              Major Dude
              • Jun 2015

All three look cool but if I had to choose one then right now I would say the brown theme.
              Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt

Comment

• Aminifu
                Forum King
                • Aug 2011

Will the external VU meters be re-sizable?
                Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
                Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• PeterK.
                  • Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
                  Will the external VU meters be re-sizable?
                  Nope.
                  Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PeterK.
                    • Sep 2016

In respond to Aminifu's request I would like to confirm that there will be an additional bitmap file within the upcoming version 1.4 of my skin with dark OPTION- and PLAYBACK-buttons:

I will also add a toggle button which will provide the ability to switch between the light and the dark look.

Please remember: adding dark background will lead to a more simple look of the buttons because the "cut-out-technique" used in the light blue buttons cannot be applied here.

And the exact colors are still subject to change.

Attached Files
                    Quinto Black CT

Comment

• Aminifu
                      Forum King
                      • Aug 2011

Thank you, PeterK. The dark buttons option (as shown in the screenshot above) is exactly what I was hoping for.

I suggest you add a PayPal donations link to this skin's credits and acknowledgements page. The donation link on the download page is for Winaero and I would rather donate directly to you.

Comment

• PeterK.
                        • Sep 2016

Thank you, PeterK. The dark buttons option (as shown in the screenshot above) is exactly what I was hoping for.
                        I am afraid I made my promise a little bit too soon. While changing the script files I realized that those blue buttons on Medialibrary window are Winamp's buttons and not Quinto's. Thus I cannot assign more than one particular bitmap file to those so called wasabi-buttons:

... and I would rather donate directly to you.
                        I'm gonna be rich! I'm gonna be rich!!! LOL ...

Thank you very much Aminifu for your noble intention. I will think about it.

Attached Files
                        Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PeterK.
                          • Sep 2016

I forgot to mention that in order to avoid adding a toggle button to every single conatiner window (Playlist Editor, MediaLibrary, Video, Visualizer and Color Themes) I decided to make a new context menu option called Button Color which will be responsible for the background color of all additional buttons, which my skin provide on those windows.

Attached Files
                          Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PeterK.
                            • Sep 2016

With some help from Ariszló, who provided the link to a particular skin with an "About" option, I am as well adding such feature to my skin.

It will give you short information about the skin and its current version. In addition, there will be two toggle buttons: one leading to this forum thread and another one to the download page at winaero.com. I might as well add some changelog lines. We shall see.

On top of that I will add a (real!) 3D picture of the MainPlayer. The first draft of that idea would look more or less like in this following screenshot:

Being honest I am very tempted to make a small animation/intro for this "About" section but unfortunately the size of that particular file would make the entire skin three times bigger. Is it worth it?

Attached Files
                            Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PeterK.
                              • Sep 2016

While browsing the web I discovered a 10 years old pdf-file about "Winamp 2.x Skinning". Being honest I did not find anything brand new and useful for me but one section definitely caught my attention: <snappoint>. As we know all windows (normally) snap into all sides of the the Main Player. Too bad it never worked properly for Quinto. And it took me a while to find the cause of this annoyance. A window does not snap into the right and the bottom edge of the Main Player because this is where the Album Art Drawer and Equalizer Drawer appear. These two drawers make the Main Player bigger than it really is (820 pixel wide instead of 610 pixel). So I had to create two additional <snappoints> for Quinto's Main Player.

UPDATE: I wrote this post some days ago, and deleted it immediately, because windows still do not snap properly to the right and bottom edge of the Main Player. I would call it: unstable. They do now, but will not ten minutes later.

I am still looking into this.
                              Quinto Black CT

Comment

• Aminifu
                                Forum King
                                • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post

Being honest I am very tempted to make a small animation/intro for this "About" section but unfortunately the size of that particular file would make the entire skin three times bigger. Is it worth it?

Maybe on the download page, but not as part of the skin itself, imho.

Comment

Working...
                                X