• Show
Clear All
  • michaelkorver
    • Feb 2018

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Comment

• TigerClaw
      • May 2002

For some reason The Pro Stub for Winamp on Android didn't change it to the Pro version. So the Equalizer doesn't show up.

a long time ago I bought the Pro Version in its own Store. not through Google Play.

Any idea on how to unlock the Pro version?

Comment

• mwalden
        • May 2007

WINAMP activity?

Hey, why does the Russian community get a spiffy WINAMP web page, and us English speakers get nothing of value?
        Скачайте новую версию проигрывателя Winamp 5.65, а также обложки, подключаемые модули и зрительные образы для него. Winamp — популярный проигрыватель для воспроизведения музыки.

There are skins listed that seem to be downloadable!

There is even a download page for Winamp 5.666
        Скачать бесплатно Winamp для Windows. Винамп - лучший плеер.

The direct link to the installer is at...

...which is good for all languages.

Is this a page created after Radionomy acquired WINAMP, or is it just a zombie page from before that?

Michael

Comment

• musicf8
          Major Dude
          • Apr 2013

I am pretty sure it's just left over from the end (since it looks like the one on archive.org), though it does seem to be odd to have it up and functional
          Скачайте новую версию проигрывателя Winamp 5.64, а также обложки, подключаемые модули и зрительные образы для него. Winamp — популярный проигрыватель для воспроизведения музыки.
          Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• DJ-Garybaldy
            Forum King
            • Sep 2003

For some reason The Pro Stub for Winamp on Android didn't change it to the Pro version. So the Equalizer doesn't show up.

a long time ago I bought the Pro Version in its own Store. not through Google Play.

TigerClaw see your messages.

RadioDJ - Winamp - SAMBC

Comment

• winamplover3
              • Mar 2018

Longtime Winamp user and longtime thread lurker. As another member mentioned, I do not think many people keep local music library's anymore, they listen to music on Spotify or Youtube.

I found a sound Equalizer for Firefox which really helps me get the sound I want from music called the HTML5 Audio Tag Sound Effects for Firefox:

I noticed that a developer above made a Winamp browser based app and this got me wondering if this app be ported to a Firefox extension like the one above so that we could replicate Winamp's sound enhancing capabilities when listening to HTML5 streaming music through the browser?

Comment

• jd999uk
                • Mar 2011

Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post

Same for me too. Although I mostly stream my library via Muzecast, there are time I want to play local files stored on my phone and Winamp is my player of choice. If there is a way of getting the Pro stub to work, I'd appreciate the info.

TIA

John

Comment

• oldboy
                  • Mar 2011

Originally Posted by winamplover3 View Post
                  Longtime Winamp user and longtime thread lurker. As another member mentioned, I do not think many people keep local music library's anymore, they listen to music on Spotify or Youtube.
                  Complete opposite for me. All my music is stored locally.
                  All my music is my own physical CD collection, nowadays ripped with fr:ac,
                  +20,000 tracks
                  Never, ever use a streaming service, and little radio play.
                  Have listened to Spotify in local coffee shops - usually want to slash my wrists after a few minutes of 'canned music'. Sorry, but I find it only slightly better than listening to Muzak in an elevator (but that's just me).

Comment

• old and quite mad
                    Major Dude
                    • May 2000

Originally Posted by oldboy View Post
                    Have listened to Spotify in local coffee shops - usually want to slash my wrists after a few minutes of 'canned music'. Sorry, but I find it only slightly better than listening to Muzak in an elevator (but that's just me).
                    You, I like.
                    The search for the ultimate signature continues apace. I have journeyed from the peaks of Nepal to the depths of oceanic trenches. I have crossed deserts, jungles, swamps, savannas, steppes and frozen wastelands. I have consulted with seers, swamis, sages, scholars and savants. The peregrination proceeds purposefully.

Comment

• Virtual Self
                      • Mar 2018

Guys does Winamp has a chance to be born again? (the world of hope)

Comment

• ariszlo
                        Major Dude
                        • Jun 2015

No, it hasn't. It is like a classic car. You can still use it but it is no longer in production.
                        Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt

Comment

• Virtual Self
                          • Mar 2018

Perhaps Winamp had to be bought by Microsoft instead of Radionomy.
                          So Radionomy sewed its tombstones.

Comment

• musicf8
                            Major Dude
                            • Apr 2013

Given Microsoft's track record they would have just killed it most likely. It would have been better if they just spun off winamp as its own company
                            Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• Virtual Self
                              • Mar 2018

I do not think it makes much sense to comment on these conspiracies. Who knows, perhaps thanks to Microsoft, we were using the 10th version of Winamp and the 3rd version of Milkdrop. In fact, all I know is that I know nothing.

I wish we could see its return. All I want was that.

Comment

• nebulon5
                                • Mar 2018

Hey all! LOOOONG time Winamp user here. I check back into the forum every now and again in the faint hopes that we will see a new version. I must say that I eagerly await it's renewal. And have for years. And maintain faith that it will

I can't imagine there is, but anything new? What's everyone else using for music players these days? I just downloaded MusicBee, gunna take it for a spin.

Although, I can't play my beloved .NSF files on it . Like I said, can't wait for new Winamp!! \m/

Comment

Working...
                                X