How many British will their own side kill by tomorrow morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fwgx
    Rudolf the Red.
    (Forum King)
    • Nov 2000

How many British will their own side kill by tomorrow morning?

I think every day in this war so far an British soldiers have been killed by friendly fire. How many will there be tomorrow do you think? I think about 3, from a tank firing at them.

But more importantly, how long will it be before these things stop being reported, to hide the truth? After a while this kind of fuck up will get too embarrasing for the governments to show surely?
    "We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
  • will
    Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)
    • Mar 2001

Its a good job your in the uk, because if you were Iraqi, your family would have been killed if you said that about the Iraqi military.
    DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS

Comment

• Fickle
      Butterknife of Justice
      (Forum King)
      • Jan 2002

Phily, are you so blinded by hate that you can't see what you're saying? You really think the gov't is going to say that nobody died and yet send a family a crisply folded flag? Get your head out of your ass. C'mon. Be reasonable.
      You're grasping at straws. Find a new cause. This one's buried.
      Go read a book without pictures
      pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote

Comment

• dlinkwit27
        has no CT
        (Forum King)
        • Sep 2000

Originally posted by Fickle
        Phily, are you so blinded by hate that you can't see what you're saying? You really think the gov't is going to say that nobody died and yet send a family a crisply folded flag? Get your head out of your ass. C'mon. Be reasonable.
        You're grasping at straws. Find a new cause. This one's buried.
        nuf said.

::Deviant Me::Last.fm::WhatPulse Stats::Folding @ Home

Comment

• Phily Baby
          Rudolf the Red.
          (Forum King)
          • Nov 2000

I'm saying that with the ammount of opposition to this war and the rising casualties, the truth will be lost eventually. It is after all the truth that is the first casualty of war. I was asking a question not giving an answer. How many deaths are tollerable in this war, before either they stop being reported or the war ends. A thousand or 50 thousand?
          "We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."

Comment

• cgfiend
            • Oct 2002

Not every British death was due to friendly fire. What about the two British choppers that collided? People make mistakes. It's part of life. It's really sad that people have died due to accidents (moreso than from the enemy). Everytime I see another helicopter crash I just shake my head and wonder why. Americans haven't had too much luck with helicopters in recent years. So many 'accidents'. Maybe the pilots need more training.

Comment

• triGEAR
              bear!
              • Jun 2002

what's all the paranoia about the truth being hidden? so far everyone i've heard complaining about the government hiding the truth claims to have access to this truth. seems the government isn't doing a good enough job of hiding this truth, then. don't you think the government would be better at lying to us? if the government REALLY didn't want us to know about the friendly fire deaths, don't you think they wouldn't have been reported in the first place? do you expect every coalition casualty to be reported on the news? wars don't work that way. already the news has covered this war more than any other in history, how much more coverage do you need? do you want them to install cameras on every soldier's gun, and send a live feed straight to your house, so that you can browse through every single soldier and see what they are all doing at any given time? would that satisfy your insane hunger for the truth? what do you want? we're in war. the reasons are many, some are perfectly clear, some are more veiled. if YOU can guess at all these hidden and secret reasons for this war, don't you think every other tom, dick, and harry that cared could too? where are all these secret sources of the taboo truth that all these conspiracy theorists and nutjobs keep alluding to? just post some links and be done with it! stop complaining! this whole anti-war "we want the government to stop hiding the truth" bullshit is dead and buried at this point. just give it up. post your links to the holy truth so that those who care can partake, and then move on. please.

Comment

• feroxis
                • Mar 2002

The truth is out there...

Multiple links to Geocities "shadow government" conspiracy sites incoming!

Comment

• triGEAR
                  bear!
                  • Jun 2002

worried about the whole evil US conspiracy? afraid america's taking away your civil rights? here's a thought: vote. if that's not enough, get everyone else who agrees with you to vote. if that doesn't work, then maybe you're not as much of a majority as you think. so deal with it. learn to live with it, as every other minority has. and if you can't, leave. canada is to the north, mexico to the south. you CAN leave. evil america hasn't taken that right from you yet. get out, while you still can, ooga booga boo!!!!

[edit: there's a slight chance evil america might be taking over mexico soon too. there's a whole bunch of brown people there, and i hear america hates the brown people. so don't go there, if you're really worried. go north, to canada. they won't be invading canada for a long time. no need to thank me, i'm just looking out for you.]

Comment

• feroxis
                    • Mar 2002

You can leave, but you'll never get rid of the bugs they planted under your fingernails.

Just remember to sit on your hands when you talk.

Comment

• triGEAR
                      bear!
                      • Jun 2002

ooh, good call. and don't forget the tinfoil hats, so they can't read your brainwaves!

Comment

• Curi0us_George
                        Forum King
                        • Apr 2001

Originally posted by triGEAR
                        . . . there's a slight chance evil america might be taking over mexico soon too. there's a whole bunch of brown people there, and i hear america hates the brown people. so don't go there . . . no need to thank me, i'm just looking out for you.
                        Thank you. I got a good laugh from that one.
                        For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00

Comment

• triGEAR
                          bear!
                          • Jun 2002

all this talk about how secretive and shady the american government is acting... here's a news flash: it's the year 2003.no government is as peachy clean and honest as you're asking it to be. we have the internet and other world-wide media highways, which basically means that any information the government leaks out to their own public instantly falls into the hands of the enemy as well. the government HAS to hide what's going on, or problems occur. does your favorite football team release it's playbook to all of its fans, just because they follow the team? no, because if it did the other teams would get it as well. that's the way things work now, and if that's a problem, you're going to have to go to some country inactive enough in political theater that no one cares. like canada. or jamaica. or switzerland. show me a country that you feel doesn't have anything to hide, and i'll show you a country doing a better job of hiding things than america is.

[edit: i'm done here. this is only going to go around in circles. one side says their piece, the other side ignores it and says their own piece, and then the first side ignores THAT and repeats their piece again. it's a vicious circle that's only good at getting people frustrated and heated. i'm going to stay out of the anti- or pro- war threads, except to stay updated on what's going on in iraq. i recommend EVERYONE else do the same thing. the pro-war people aren't listening to what the anti-war people are saying, and vice versa. it's time we all stopped wasting our breaths. come the chemical and biological attacks, we're going to need as much breath as possible.

Comment

• feroxis
                            • Mar 2002

Originally posted by triGEAR
                            go north, to canada. they won't be invading canada for a long time.
                            Are you kidding? We have nearly 200 boy scouts poised at the border, ready to strike! The mounties won't know what hit them!

Comment

• zootm
                              Forum King
                              • Jan 2002

Originally posted by will
                              Its a good job your in the uk, because if you were Iraqi, your family would have been killed if you said that about the Iraqi military.
                              irrelevant. the issue isn't with their military, it's with the allies. the enemies being "worse" by no means validates the fallacies of those on our side. these things will happen, though. i think it's good we hear about them.

Originally posted by will
                              all this talk about how secretive and shady the american government is acting... here's a news flash: it's the year 2003.no government is as peachy clean and honest as you're asking it to be. we have the internet and other world-wide media highways, which basically means that any information the government leaks out to their own public instantly falls into the hands of the enemy as well. the government HAS to hide what's going on, or problems occur. does your favorite football team release it's playbook to all of its fans, just because they follow the team? no, because if it did the other teams would get it as well. that's the way things work now, and if that's a problem, you're going to have to go to some country inactive enough in political theater that no one cares. like canada. or jamaica. or switzerland. show me a country that you feel doesn't have anything to hide, and i'll show you a country doing a better job of hiding things than america is.
                              the shady underhand political dealings of international governments are exactly the reason that people should know about these things. a lot of people allow themselves to be "brainwashed" by what their government tells them. a lot of people refuse to take anything their government says with the proverbial "pinch of salt". now, i'm aware that they're often villianised for this, but the reason that the US government are on the block now is because they're the main proponent of this war.

for my part, it's my belief that there's too much politics in politics.

also, the "patriot" acts which take away the very civil liberties people claim to be fighting for disgust me in a whole new way...

Comment

Working...
                              X