Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fumbling_Foo
    • May 2016

There may not even be a v11, as v10 is the zenith of the realization of the preset that is Star Forge from the mind that is Fumbling_Foo. I can't make it any better without taking it in a completely different direction. I'm taking a break now from preset authoring too, perhaps to return at a later time.
    Creativity turned into madness. And then back again.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
      Forum Queen
      • Nov 2010

Yes, sometimes we cannot make something better than it is already...

Today I have updated my Devious Journal on deviantART, after I have discovered 2 more fractal software for free. Also updated 2 files in my .zip-folder documentations, which I have updated on Mediafire, and this time I want to leave both updated single files. Please read them, then You will see, which software You can try out for creating new textures and wallpapers.

And I want to leave also 12 basic-files (2 square and 10 non-square images in black). They should be copied into backup locations and into project locations. Then they can be used for digital painting. The most artists on deviantART use Photoshop.

Maybe one of You will be much better than me with the creating of new fantastic textures, xmuzack, hakanh, Fumbling_Foo...
      Attached Files
      Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
      Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
      AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
        • May 2016

You've gotten an awesome DeviantArt page, Klare .

I hope anyone who has given Star Forge a look tried it at 30 fps. I can't get it completely fps normalized and it doesn't look pretty at all at 60 fps, as its way too fast in both the motion and the decay. Maybe after some more work I can kinda get it fps normalized but I know I won't be able to make it at 60 fps look like it does at 30.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
          Forum Queen
          • Nov 2010

Thank You, Fumbling_Foo. And today I have added 24 new favourites on deviantART, of course Cosmic Images.

Frank has suggested to install Corel Draw from the older Installer-CD. He remembers also the older Photoshop. He had made some good photo edits in the past. Of course I would need very much time, if also I myself want to create such good Cosmic Images. Mostly the other artists have needed between 2 and 3 hours.

Images from the subsets "cosmic", "cosmicgalaxy", "cosmicnebula", "cosmicnova", "cosmicspace" etc., they would look pretty cool as random textures in future presets, and I have seen You also in another newer thread today. We all should stay tuned!...

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
            • May 2016

Well, looks like there will be a v11 after all . The new version features a slower center circle (by a factor of 2), new beat detection for the overall appearance, and more intermittent darker colors once again. The preset should look better in motion, and even isn't as bad looking at 60fps. I'm too lazy to bother with screenshots, though. Guys, let me know how you like the new preset vs v10.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Sabine Klare
              Forum Queen
              • Nov 2010

v11... Somehow I had known that...

I cannot promise, if I will be able to test it already this evening. Again I have planned to copy & paste some more presets into my Winamps on my PC & notebook anyway.

Today I was in some more threads because of our ideas with some more presets.

Fumbling_Foo, hakanh, xmuzack and all the others, keep up Your good work!!!...

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
                • May 2016

Thanks Mrs. Klare .

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                  Forum Queen
                  • Nov 2010

Today I have come "very late" to the meeting-point (20 minutes later). Because Frank wanted to hear a song, I have started my Winamp on my PC, and then the song was not in my current playlist, so that I have double-clicked on another song by one of the Creative Commons Artists.

But Frank and I have seen Your newest preset and also the newest preset by hakanh. I have shown him the 12 textures for the preset. And now he wants to search for his songs, for those songs which are not yet on YouTube...

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
                    • May 2016

Glad you guys got to see my (and hakanh's ) latest presets, thanks for showing Frank my preset . I need to try other textures with hakanh's preset...

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                      Forum Queen
                      • Nov 2010

With 4515 images in the textures folders and with 10369 presets in the presets folders I cannot get bored, and because my Winamps contain some more files, they have reached over 2.25 GB...

Since 1 week I cannot update my SlideshowsIrfanView.zip on Mediafire, suddenly I get SlideshowsIrfanView.zip (2). I have to leave it here directly. Also I have updated one of my files in my documentations.zip, because I have found 2 more links for a radio station. I want to leave that, too.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
                        • May 2016

Here's 11a with the only change being a fixed bug in the shape code for fps other than 30. I'm really on the fence about v11, it seems like its really great in some respects but it may be overprocessed. I've gotten really limited feedback but what I notice about it is that it tends to look different with different songs but with some consistency, and a granularity has crept in that I have no idea how to fix, so I've just went with it where it either looks really good or really ugly. Overall I've tried to make it to where some kind of form emerges in the periphery (in addition to the center waveform) in relation to the music.

Edit: Here's a version (11b) I've tried to tone down the granularity with less warping in the per frame code. Still a long way to go though.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Fumbling_Foo; 28 March 2017, 16:42.

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
                          • May 2016

Posing the question to myself has presented an interesting answer, the results do not disappoint. Tweaking the scalar on the beat code that darkens the warp shader and tamping down the warp in the per frame code really seems to have improved things a bit, and I'm not expecting to milk much else out of the preset beyond this point so I'll go ahead and release this as v11c.

Edit: Still kinda suffers visually on songs that drive the bead detection quality variable up a lot though, like some EDM.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                            Forum Queen
                            • Nov 2010

Just downloaded the files.

Today I wanted to update my slideshow-playlists on Mediafire, but now I have decided to do that 2 days later, because I have to update them again on my PC in the evening.

I have to check out also my own threads, and I had planned the next already. I hope, You fell well. At least we have Spring now and soon again also the leaves at the trees...

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
                              • May 2016

Thanks for the reply, Mrs. Klare . Yes the flowers have already bloomed here.

I'd say disregard v 11c, I was seeing something in it that wasn't really there with the tweak. V11b has superior colors and appearance.

Comment

• Fumbling_Foo
                                • May 2016

I'm really surprised with the direction that v11 went in, it was practically transcendent. And now, here's v12 with the beat detection bugginess fixed and some screenshots. Keep in mind these are simply some of my favorites; they are showing the brighter side of the preset. The preset does plenty of darker frames as well.

Edit: I hope this version is considered in winamp 5.8.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X