View Single Post
Old 18th May 2017, 21:43   #83
PeterK.
Quinto Black CT Developer

IT'S ALIVE!

My very first prototype of an external digital VU Meter is up and running!

So now we have two different (actually three) VU Meters. Two digital ones: the small one on the Main Player and the external VU Meter. And on top of that the analog VU Meter.

Please bear in mind that all three VU Meters generate their values totally differently. When set to "Mode Linear" the analog one gets "pure" volume units (VU) as digits from the range from 0 to 255 (which are generated by the getVULeftMeter() and getVURightMeter() commands) while the digital ones work with AnimatedLayers and which have to divide the volume units (VU) depending on the amount of frames in the bitmap file.

As a result we might not see perfectly accurate values/movements while monitoring and comparing all three displays. I repeat: these are not high definition measuring devices. Consider them more as "Nice-To-Have" Plug-Ins with some very nice "Eye-Candy-Effects".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Have you noticed the slight registration error between the white text and symbols (while pointing at them) and the black text and symbols (when not pointing) on the buttons? Look at the bottom edges (a little white is visible under the black).
I am a "visual type" Aminifu. You need to point to it so I see, understand and am able to give you a plausible answer. Okie Dokie?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VU Meter D.png
Views:	3190
Size:	884.7 KB
ID:	53266   Click image for larger version

Name:	VU Meter digital2.PNG
Views:	1666
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	53267  
PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote