View Single Post
Old 13th May 2017, 11:11   #72
PeterK.

Hello again!

Shortly after the release of version 1.2 and I am already working on a new feature! This is nuts - but makes so much fun!

This new feature has been "around" for a while in some skins (mostly vintage ones) but will be a new, re-written and re-designed Plug-In in Quinto's coming version 1.3.

VU Meter is the new "kid" in my skin. There are some meters which were implemented in skins but which never gave me the impression of a halfway "real working and looking" meter. I needed a more realistic mechanism which would satisfy my senses and work properly. Therefore I kept searching.

Today I am very happy to announce that I found THAT thing.

It is a VU Meter Plug-In which I could not download because it is stored on a not active server but I was lucky to have found a skin with that particular script. It is called "WMP11 BlueVU".

The VU Meter Plug-In was made by entrase whom I neither could find in the members list nor got a reply after sending him a message. I hope he does not mind.

Currently I am altering the script file to fit into my skin and must admit that things are looking good. Also the first draft of the Plug-In bitmap is already finished and would look like this in the OFF-STATE (introduced in my very first Quinto version):

And another screenshot of the same Main Player and VU Meter while playing a file:

After clicking on one of those MENU buttons a menu will pop up showing:
  • Rise Speed (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
  • Falloff Speed (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
  • Sensitivity (1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0)
  • Mode (Exponential, Hybrid (exp+linear), Linear, Hybrid (log+linear), Logarithmic)

I am convinced that those options will satisfy all your needs.

The button in the left bottom corner is a mock-up/fake button for now. I could image to add an option to it later. (Maybe ON/OFF?). I also will think about changing the background of the scale according to chosen COLOR THEME.

From now on the new feature definitely needs some polishing and testing. So stay tuned!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VU-ON STATE.png
Views:	832
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	53241   Click image for larger version

Name:	VU-OFF STATE.png
Views:	841
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	53242  
PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote