• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrSinatra
    Forum King
    • Dec 2004

Open letter of THANKS to DrO!

Dear DrO,

DJ Egg broke the news, and on behalf of myself and i am sure many, MANY other people, i just wanted to say thanks for everything you put into Winamp over the years!

I hope you feel the satisfaction of making and improving this program for many years in ways that truly benefitted users such as myself.

There are many people who love Winamp, and that's a reflection of your fine work.

I hope you won't be a stranger and best of luck in whatever you do next.

thanks again, -mdw
    PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
    --
    BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
    Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
    Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
  • djpete
    Major Dude
    • Apr 2004

yep agreed fully
    Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
    Winamp Enthusiasts Group

Comment

• Victhor
      Late skinner & Moderator
      • May 2003

QFT.
      Darren was one of the first to try to actually save Winamp (and not just say it) when Radionomy came in (and before), he did more than he was asked to, put in more hours than neccessary, dealt ALWAYS with the forums while working on Winamp and later while working on SHOUTcast, sacrificed more hours of his life than he should, among a lot of things we'll never know probably.
      Winamp loses one of the two (the other is Egg) best "fighters" it had. Capable hands are on board now, but I doubt they would put in as much as Darren did.
      · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• evil_pro
        • Nov 2013

I'm really sad that DrO is now gone. I still remember meeting you in the Winamp Enthausiasts Forum IRC a few times
        In case you're actually reading this, thanks a lot for your work!

Comment

• Raj_09
          • Oct 2011

Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
          Dear DrO,

DJ Egg broke the news, and on behalf of myself and i am sure many, MANY other people, i just wanted to say thanks for everything you put into Winamp over the years!

I hope you feel the satisfaction of making and improving this program for many years in ways that truly benefitted users such as myself.

There are many people who love Winamp, and that's a reflection of your fine work.

I hope you won't be a stranger and best of luck in whatever you do next.

thanks again, -mdw
          Agreed fully. DrO was a true Winamp fan and sacrificed hours of his time to help us. Thank you DrO if you are reading this. We appreciate!
          Powering through with the bolt

Comment

• Sabine Klare
            Forum Queen
            • Nov 2010

Although I have joined the Winamp Forums very lately (19th November 2010), also I myself want to say: Thank You for all the good work, DrO...

We will miss You here...
            Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
            Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
            AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• joebloggscity
              • Sep 2008

Thx, i'm a big winamp loyalist and hope to use this forever...

Comment

• QOAL
                [STILL a retard!]
                • Apr 2002

Well this is sad news, but I'm glad I stumbled out of the bin to see this.

DrO is an enormously talented individual, Winamp and the community are much poorer without him.
                I hope he's well and enjoying whatever project is occupying him these days.
                count!last.fmplanner

Comment

Working...
                X