X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shadow0897
    • Feb 2015

when is the next version coming out cuz the site still says its in development??

Comment

• Raj_09
      • Oct 2011

Originally Posted by shadow0897 View Post
      when is the next version coming out cuz the site still says its in development??
      Guys and girls,

Please read the thread. There is a lot of work being done on Winamp for the relaunch. Be patient and enjoy the current version. The Devs are at work
      Powering through with the bolt

Comment

• GorillaCat
        • Oct 2014

The next release is supposed to be some time in late 2015, same as every post on this thread that announced it. But it might be even later due to extenuating circumstances. Please read the entire thread before posting to complain or ask when it is coming out. Or you can save yourself and us the trouble by checking http://winampplugins.co.uk/Winamp/ for updates.
        Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
        ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)

Comment

• old and quite mad
          Major Dude
          • May 2000

All these one-off "Waaaaaa, new winamp must be NAO" posts could find a nice home in the Bin. They add nada to this thread, more than a few of them are throw away posts by throw away accounts and that is what the Bin is for.

Also, the Bin dwellers would find them tasty, crunchy and probably quite good with ketchup.
          The search for the ultimate signature continues apace. I have journeyed from the peaks of Nepal to the depths of oceanic trenches. I have crossed deserts, jungles, swamps, savannas, steppes and frozen wastelands. I have consulted with seers, swamis, sages, scholars and savants. The peregrination proceeds purposefully.

Comment

• davor.geci
            • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by old and quite mad View Post
            All these one-off "Waaaaaa, new winamp must be NAO" posts could find a nice home in the Bin. They add nada to this thread, more than a few of them are throw away posts by throw away accounts and that is what the Bin is for.

Also, the Bin dwellers would find them tasty, crunchy and probably quite good with ketchup.
            Hehe mmm delicious

Comment

• GorillaCat
              • Oct 2014

Originally Posted by old and quite mad View Post

Quite mad indeed
              Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
              ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)

Comment

• Manuel E. Ramíre
                • Feb 2015

Please, take note about my correct name: Manuel E. Ramírez

Comment

• Meaney
                  • Jan 2005

Noted.

Comment

• Tergulath
                    • Oct 2008

In hindsight I think winamp going open sourced(github etc) would have been a better idea. These Radionomy devs just don't communicate with the community at all about recent development.

Comment

• Aminifu
                      Forum King
                      • Aug 2011

On November 20, 2013, AOL announced that on December 20, 2013, it would shut down Winamp.com, and the software would no longer be available for download, nor supported by the company after that date. The following day, an unofficial report surfaced that Microsoft was in talks with AOL to acquire Nullsoft. Despite AOL's announcement, the Winamp site was not shut down as planned, and on January 14, 2014, it was officially announced that Belgian online radio aggregator Radionomy had bought the Nullsoft brand, which includes Winamp and Shoutcast. No financial details were publicly announced. However, TechCrunch has reported that the sale of Winamp and Shoutcast is worth between $5 and $10 million, with AOL taking a 12% stake (a financial, not strategic, investment) in Radionomy in the process.

For the past 12 months, Radionomy has been focused on making SHOUTcast profitable. Once that happens more resources can be shifted to the re-work and re-release of Winamp (probably the desktop client first). The new Winamp version is expected to be a 'free' app including the features that were previously sold in the Pro version. Free or low cost alternatives for most of the online features and licensed code AOL was paying for are also expected. The first new release is expected to have several code optimizations and few new features.

Winamp going open source was never an option (despite the online petition started by some Winamp fans), AOL was just going to shut everything down. Read posts #751 and #768 in this thread, continue using the current version, and CHILL OUT. It won't hurt to urge everyone you know, with an interest in online radio, to support SHOUTcast.
                      Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
                      Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• musicf8
                        Major Dude
                        • Apr 2013

I still think they should just stick a bright red banner with large bold black font at the top of the forums site that says "status of winamp development" that links to a locked thread that says:

Q. When will the new Winamp be released?
                        A: No official ETA has been announced.... <details about shoutcast and the other details>

Q: Can I post in the forum asking for status updates or complain about it taking forever to release? Because i'm sure it's never been brought up before.
                        A: Sure, if you want your post deleted and your account banned.

^_^
                        Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro, Sound Blaster Z, Logitech Z-5500, Winamp v5.666.3516

Get wacup

Comment

• Aminifu
                          Forum King
                          • Aug 2011

There is ample evidence that cry babies' posts are not deleted and their accounts are not banned.

I do wish these people would do something else with their time.

No one is happy with the current situation, but causing others to waste time coming here to read news and just finding another whine doesn't help anyone.
                          Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
                          Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• Raj_09
                            • Oct 2011

Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
                            On November 20, 2013, AOL announced that on December 20, 2013, it would shut down Winamp.com, and the software would no longer be available for download, nor supported by the company after that date. The following day, an unofficial report surfaced that Microsoft was in talks with AOL to acquire Nullsoft. Despite AOL's announcement, the Winamp site was not shut down as planned, and on January 14, 2014, it was officially announced that Belgian online radio aggregator Radionomy had bought the Nullsoft brand, which includes Winamp and Shoutcast. No financial details were publicly announced. However, TechCrunch has reported that the sale of Winamp and Shoutcast is worth between $5 and $10 million, with AOL taking a 12% stake (a financial, not strategic, investment) in Radionomy in the process.

For the past 12 months, Radionomy has been focused on making SHOUTcast profitable. Once that happens more resources can be shifted to the re-work and re-release of Winamp (probably the desktop client first). The new Winamp version is expected to be a 'free' app including the features that were previously sold in the Pro version. Free or low cost alternatives for most of the online features and licensed code AOL was paying for are also expected. The first new release is expected to have several code optimizations and few new features.

Winamp going open source was never an option (despite the online petition started by some Winamp fans), AOL was just going to shut everything down. Read posts #751 and #768 in this thread, continue using the current version, and CHILL OUT. It won't hurt to urge everyone you know, with an interest in online radio, to support SHOUTcast.
                            Epic reply. I would not have said it better.
                            Powering through with the bolt

Comment

• Jeeper One
                              Major Dude
                              • May 2003

Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
                              The Winamp downloads and Winamp Pro purchases will also be temporarily unavailable
                              whilst code licensed to/by the previous owner is removed/replaced.
                              Well this is something that.....

1). Can AND SHOULD be handled behind the scenes WITHOUT taking it off the market AT ALL
                              2). Should only require A SIMPLE UPDATING of the product page on all the app stores. A task which should only take 5 minutes - NOT A MONTH

YET ANOTHER fine example of people not knowing/doing/practicing SIMPLE BASIC COMMON SENSE Internet 101 & therefore doing things the hard way impacting US USERS in the process

NOT ranting here (Well OK that's a lie ). Just simply pointing out this should've & could've been handled A WHOLE LOT BETTER if SOMEONE had used some BRAINS (Remember THOSE ?? )

[merge point]

Umm FYI Facebook is THE WORST place on the Internet for file hosting because IT IS NOT A FILE HOSTING SITE !!!

I get the idea of the community havcing a page there. But HOSTING FILES there ?? FORGET IT !!! I'm NOT scrolling through all that clutter looking for some post about the addition of Winamp in the files section. And scrolling through the files section isn't very user friendly either

Whoever came up with the idea of using FACEBOOK as a FILE HOST needs to HAVE THEIR HEAD EXAMINED !!!

Does someone have Winamp available on a site OTHER THAN Facebook ?? Looking for Winamp for my Android

Trying to pardon the mess as best as I can but I've been in places IRL where the situation bears the "Please Pardon Our Mess" or "Under Construction" banner but STILL am able to eventually find my way around to where I want to go or need to be. THIS OTOH is WORSE than that

THAT is why people FAILED to use some BRAINS !!! If SOMEONE had, these bases would've been better covered IMO

Cheers

VERY IMPORTANT EDIT Looking for Winamp For Android ?? Download it HERE (Direct APK Download)

That said though Someone who's been doing this may wanna add the APK file to their collection so it's on a website which the community is more familiar with (Found the site via Google)
                              Pat Cook
                              Englewood, CO

Comment

• DJ Egg
                                Spectral Techorator
                                • Jun 2000

@Jeeper One

AOL shut down the account on Google Play. We didn't have any say in the matter.

The app contains 1st & 3rd-party code by and licensed to AOL that we can't legally/officially use any more.
                                It all needs replacing, but we're not even working on the Android app yet.
                                SHOUTcast first, then Winamp (Windows), then hopefully/maybe Android. Mac & other platforms I don't know about at the moment.
                                I wish I had more definite news to tell, but I don't :-(

The broken download links have been updated in the 2nd post of the thread, including added mirrors.

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

Working...
                                X