X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siebe83
    Forum King
    • Feb 2004

@CaptainNuss: that would be great! Though when I click that link, it says it's a private homepage
    Private Homepage

Das Dokument konnte nicht gefunden werden.
    Bitte überprüfen Sie Ihren URL
    Sure it's the right link?

Thanks anyway
    If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.

Comment

• CaptainNuss
      Indecisive One
      (Senior Member)
      • Jul 2004

Strange, works for me. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll mail it to you.
      [size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook

Comment

• siebe83
        Forum King
        • Feb 2004

Guess I complained to soon. It's working now
        Thanks!

Comment

• CaptainNuss
          Indecisive One
          (Senior Member)
          • Jul 2004

No problem. May I have a screenshot of your desktop? (I'm quite proud that you're using my photo, so... )

Here's another one. My mother was painting stones and a bottle stood nearby, so I arranged the stones in a way that would make them fill the whole background and activated macro mode. One of my first photos. (just got the digital camera about eight months ago)
          Attached Files
          [size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook

Comment

• CaboWaboAddict
            Forum Sot
            (Major Dude)
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by siebe83
            lol
            that bird's funny
            you keep birds?
            Thanks! Yeah, My younger son and I are into birds. He has a parakeet. I'll post a pic later if you like. (Its not on this computer)
            Idiot's Advocate
            My site (under construction)

Comment

• siebe83
              Forum King
              • Feb 2004

@CaptainNuss
              ok, here's the screenshot
              (not really exciting, just a wallpaper)
              shot
              not completely satisfied with how it's shown on the desktop
              it's not showed completely, since it has a different ratio than the desktop
              first I had it stretched, but that would make it shrink horizontally

anyway, i do like it the way it is now: looks nice

the bottle is nice: reflecting the light
              though I like pics which reflect a mood more
              a mysterious landscape or weird weather conditions, such sort of things
              not really into the compositional pics, more pics that just happened to be shot at the time

@cabo
              I like watching birds i don't know the name of while sitting in the park
              (not all birds btw: in town a lot of filthy pigeons around, I prefer the small ones)
              a friend of mine knows lots of bird names; I always forget them
              if it's a nice pic and it's not too much effort, yeah would be nice

Comment

• CaptainNuss
                Indecisive One
                (Senior Member)
                • Jul 2004

Thanks for the screenshot, will go into my collection. (I love screenshots)

I don't have many landscapes yet, but here's the first sunset I've shot. (and the only one, actually) I'm not completely satisfied with the way it turned out, but it's a start.
                Attached Files

Comment

• MidnightViper88
                  Made In The USA
                  (Forum King)
                  • Nov 2003

Here are two of my favorite digital photography pictures...

http://ford427v8.50megs.com/cgi-bin/...2004sunset.jpg - I took a picture of this sunset when I was riding with my mom down, uhh...Damn, forgot what road it is...Took this back in April when it was still cool enough to wear a hoodie outside, this was one of the last good "winter" sunsets (Spring never came around Louisville )...Have a few "suburban" points of interest to an otherwise "nature" picture, with the highway on-ramp and cars and stuff...Oh, and look at those twin arches in the background...I feel hungry now...

http://midnightviper88.50megs.com/cg...r%20Sunset.jpg - Took this on the night of the summer...What do you call it? The longest day in summer and after that the days get shorter? Whatever it's called, I tried to get in the quarter-cresent moon, and if possible, one of the passing boats to add a few more points of interest...This is at a resturaunt called "Captains Quarters" right near a boat dock (No doubt ), this is the Ohio River, and this picture is facing the Indiana side of the river...I would've liked to get a bigger boat, especially one with alot of lights to reflect off the water, but none came (Well, one did come, but that was whent he sunset was pretty much already gone)...I would've also gotten the sunset itself, but for the longest time for the sun to set, that day's sunset wasn't interesting at all...

Oh well...
                  "I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
                  "Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz

Comment

• CaptainNuss
                    Indecisive One
                    (Senior Member)
                    • Jul 2004

I like the sky on the first picture, even though it would have been better if it wouldn't have been shot out of the car, but well, you can't really stop and get out to take a picture. The second picture is a bit grainy. How long was the exposure time?

Attached is a picture I took on the 25th of December of a present my cousin got. I really like this one because of the warm, vivid colors and the long exposure which adds some sort of motion to the picture.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• CaboWaboAddict
                      Forum Sot
                      (Major Dude)
                      • Mar 2004

This is my son's 'keet, Cloudy.
                      Attached Files
                      Idiot's Advocate

Comment

• Pixelcraft
                        Wildly Confused
                        (Major Dude)
                        • Jan 2003

Feuer Sturm
                        "It's like saying give a man a Les Paul guitar and he becomes Eric Clapton, and of course that's not true, give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer and he doesn't become...whoever; he doesn't become us." - Roger Waters

Comment

• MidnightViper88
                          Made In The USA
                          (Forum King)
                          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by CaptainNuss
                          The second picture is a bit grainy. How long was the exposure time?
                          My digital camera's ISO speed isn't happy with clear pictures in dark areas, even when I set for a long exposure time...I had another picture just a few minutes after taking that with a larger boat that didn't have as much noise, but because of the long exposure time, it came out slightly blurry because I accidentally moved it a bit...Whoops...
                          "I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
                          "Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz

Comment

• Pixelcraft
                            Wildly Confused
                            (Major Dude)
                            • Jan 2003

What do you call it? The longest day in summer and after that the days get shorter?
                            summer solstice
                            "It's like saying give a man a Les Paul guitar and he becomes Eric Clapton, and of course that's not true, give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer and he doesn't become...whoever; he doesn't become us." - Roger Waters

Comment

• siebe83
                              Forum King
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Pixelcraft
                              Feuer Sturm
                              Did you make that pic, or did you take that pic?

@cabo:
                              Cloudy is a name I can remember
                              does the flash disturb them, or didn't you use a flash? (looks like it's indoor)

Comment

• CaboWaboAddict
                                Forum Sot
                                (Major Dude)
                                • Mar 2004

My son named her because he said she looked like a cloudy sky.

She didn't seem to be bothered by the flash at all, but it was a bright day when I took the shot. I wouldn't try it when its darker, as I'm sure it would startle her.
                                Idiot's Advocate

Comment

Working...
                                X