View Single Post
Old 17th April 2019, 21:53   #4
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

I like the idea of blending MilkDrop and 3D animation. Here are some tips for the next time you try it (I've never done videos like this but I've produced some at work):
- Keep it short. No more than 2 or 3 minutes, people's attention is too vague to focus on something for so long, specially if nothing really fancy is happening.
- Expand color gamma. It's more attractive than a whole video with only 2 colors (yours has orange gamma and black / greys for the dragon). But keep it tight, IMO lysergic colors are too 90's to be effective.
- Intro must be shorter. Also, putting whole links in a video is moot, use YouTube annotations or link only in description.
- Try to really blend the preset with the dragons. There are tons of ways, I would start with syncing perspective as much as possible (I. E. If preset is a travel forward, make the dragon come to the front, or show it from the back - like if it's "navigating" the preset. Or if the preset moves right to left, show the dragon from a side flying in the opposite direction).

I could keep on, but I think you get what I mean. Keep it up!
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote