View Single Post
Old 19th November 2014, 14:58   #12
jschultz

Most module enthusisasts would probably be very grateful if you switched away from mikmod - it may have improved but as far as I know it's still dodgy (see below).

libopenmpt has the advantage that it's based on the playback engine of the same tracker that's used for writing a majority of XM and IT files these days, and generally has a very faithful reproduction of these formats also compared to their original trackers. mikmod's development is also not all that active in terms of playback fixes - just look at the commit logs to see that most of the commits are more about the build system and other supporting structures.

I don't want to badmouth mikmod or anything, but I just threw some of my own ITs at the latest mikmod release and they all had the same problem: No stereo samples, no filters, no note fades. They just sound completely broken. Even the old libmodplug plays them better.

I encourage you to take a look at the in_openmpt sources and build upon them, and hopefully also give back the modifications to the project in case you make any useful changes to it.
jschultz is offline   Reply With Quote