View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:20   #11
Tohno_Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I suggest you setup Windows (e.g. for 24 bit, 96000 Hz) and Winamp (i.e. for 24 bit) for the highest values any of your files are encoded at. Winamp and Windows will upsample as necessary when the files that are encoded with lower values are played. The playback of upsampled files will not sound better or worse than when the playback is at the correct encoded settings.

Winamp and Windows will also downsample files to match what the settings are (i.e. you play a file that is encoded at higher values than what is setup). You may be able to hear a difference when a file is downsampled.
high-resample

http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...93&postcount=6

You say,IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA!

When turn on Winamp 24bit output:
Original file (16bit,44.1k/Hz) → Winamp output (24bit,44.1k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)
or
Original file (24bit,48k/Hz) → winamp output (24bit,48k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)

When turn off winamp 24bit output:
Original file (16bit,44.1k/Hz) → Winamp output (16bit,44.1k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)
or
Original file (16bit,48k/Hz) → winamp output (16bit,48k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Finally, some DSP plug-ins do not handle 24 bit files and/or high sampling rates correctly. If the ones you're using have this problem, then you will need to downsample your files encoded with high values or find other DSP plug-ins.
I JUST USE VST,as report said.

VST IS THE BEST,support even 64bit,192k/Hz pcm.
Tohno_Neil is offline   Reply With Quote