View Single Post
Old 16th October 2016, 17:09   #9
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Industrial_One View Post
Correct, I've never even heard of it. Unless AVS means something besides Avisynth.
The Advanced Visualization Studio plug-in is installed by default (unless you select the custom installation mode and select the Winamp components you want installed).

Open Winamp and press the "Ctrl" and "P" keyboard keys at the same time to open the Winamp Preferences window. Select the "File Types" heading on the left-hand side and look in the list on the right-hand side to see if "AVS" is listed and selected. Scroll through the entire list because the file extensions are not listed in order. Click on "AVS" to un-select it, if it is selected (highlighted). You can take the time to review all the other file extensions listed (to see if the associations with Winamp are what you want them to be), or you can do this later. Click on the "Refresh" button at the bottom of the list.

Then select "Visualization" under the "Plug-ins" heading on the left-hand side. Look on the right-hand side for the Advanced Visualization Studio plug-in. Select it and click on the "Uninstall plug-in" button at the bottom of this window.

Close the Winamp Preferences window and Winamp. Redo the file association edits you made to the registry and reboot your computer. It may be better to use the "Default Programs" utility in the Windows Control Panel to change the ".avs" associations in the registry to the app you use to write and/or edit the avisynth scripts (to ensure all the relevant keys are changed). This utility must be used to change file type associations in the newer versions of Windows (unless you know how to correctly edit the registry manually). Don't forget to reboot before opening Winamp again.

I convert video file formats from time to time, but I've never tried editing them. Is Avisynth hard to learn or use?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v20H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Last edited by Aminifu; 16th October 2016 at 18:35.
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote