Yet Another (WA)SAPI Output Plugin for Winamp (YASAPI)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gasbag
    • Jan 2007

Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
    So it appears the seeking problem is fixed, at least for me.
    I'm using the same configuration and the seeking problem is fixed for me too.
    But when I repeatly briefly press Pause/Continue button, Winamp shows wrong information about elepsed time yet.

I see, normal user not doing crazy things like this and Peter's plugin is really GREAT.

Peter - many many thanks for your work!

Comment

• Aminifu
      Forum King
      • Aug 2011

Hi pbelkner,

YASAPI v1.7.4 doesn't work with thinktink's crossfading plug-ins (BogProg X-Fade v2.1.4.17 and BogProg NoFlush v1.0.1.2). I realize there is no guarantee that 3rd party plug-ins will work with each other, however these plug-ins did work with YASAPI v1.7.2.

When the output of the next file should start to overlap the playing file, playback just stops. No crash or hang-up, playback just stops. Playback can be started for the next file (which has loaded) by clicking the play button.

How is your XAudio2 output plug-in coming along?
      Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
      Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• pbelkner
        • Jun 2010

v1.7.5

Thanks a lot for all of your support. I still had to struggle with two issuse:
        • The plug-in was still crashing. Not very frequent but as it appears unpredictable.
        • The plug-in had still synchronization issues.

Both where very annoying and I wanted get rid of them. While working on the second issue I discovered the first issue could be forced by doing the following (and it does not depend on MP3 VBR or CBR nor on in_mp3 at all):
        • Pause.
        • While in pause skip (forwad or backward doesn't matter).
        • Unpause.
        • Winamp wants to send a mail home.

From the debug window I could see that in that situation the plug-in is in underflow state (4) and not in ready/connected state (5) as usual. Having seen that I could (hopefully) finally fix it.

Regarding the second issue I implemented measuring the time completely new. As a consequence choosing how to measure the time is moved from device options to common options and is switched on all the time (i.e. does not depend on whether gapless mode is switched on or off).

After all chros was right (rgarding both issues):
        Originally Posted by chros View Post
        maybe it was introduced with the disconnect feature?
        Links:
        How is your XAudio2 output plug-in coming along?
        First of all I want to get rid of the annoying YASAPI bugs. As you may have seen from the YASAPI main page I factored out a framework from YASAPI where I can base similar plug-ins on and I hope that I cane base the XAudio2 stuff on that.

PS: While writing this post Sourceforge has not managed to make the new uploaded version visible to all.
        Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas

Comment

• chros
          • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
          PS: While writing this post Sourceforge has not managed to make the new uploaded version visible to all.
          Yep, it's still not there.
          Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
          MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)

Comment

• pbelkner
            • Jun 2010

Yep, it's still not there.
            I've opened a ticket:So long without any success.

Comment

• pbelkner
              • Jun 2010

I've opened a ticket:So long without any success.
              The files are available now.

Comment

• gasbag
                • Jan 2007

Tested Version v1.7.5 works very good for me, many thanks, Peter.

Comment

• Stone Free
                  • Feb 2001

Would you be able to add seeking in FLAC files? It works for me with AAC, but not FLAC!

Other Sound output methods seek OK in FLAC.

Many thanks for your great work on your plugin

Comment

• pbelkner
                    • Jun 2010

v1.7.6

Originally Posted by Stone Free View Post
                    Would you be able to add seeking in FLAC files? It works for me with AAC, but not FLAC!
                    Here you are!

Links:

Comment

• Stone Free
                      • Feb 2001

Thanks, wow that was quick!

Comment

• pbelkner
                        • Jun 2010

YASAPI v1.7.4 doesn't work with thinktink's crossfading plug-ins (BogProg X-Fade v2.1.4.17 and BogProg NoFlush v1.0.1.2).
                        I looked it up at the forum and found a download link:
                        Try the download link and look for yourself. It makes no sense to support third party plug-ins which does not exist anymore.

Comment

• chros
                          • Nov 2003

Thanks for the new versions.
                          Winamp still crashes sometimes with 1.7.5 when it tries to advance to the next track in playlist (around 6th times, with normal mp3 files).

To not just talk about bad things: http streaming is working fine so far!

EDIT:
                          Another bug: during playback (normal mp3 file) there was a small gap (0.5 sec) then time (and therefore slider) was wrong after that in the track.
                          Last edited by chros; 25 June 2016, 11:07.
                          Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
                          MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)

Comment

• Aminifu
                            Forum King
                            • Aug 2011

I looked it up at the forum and found a download link:
                            Try the download link and look for yourself. It makes no sense to support third party plug-ins which does not exist anymore.
                            Thinktink's website could be down temporarily. Although, he has not posted anything since March 13, 2016, so he may have moved on.

I was wrong about his plug-ins working with YASAPI v1.7.2. I could backtrack to the last version they worked with and provide debug logs of it and the current version. But, I agree it is not worth it if thinktink has truly moved on, so I'll wait awhile to see if the website comes back.

Comment

• Aminifu
                              Forum King
                              • Aug 2011

EDIT:
                              Another bug: during playback (normal mp3 file) there was a small gap (0.5 sec) then time (and therefore slider) was wrong after that in the track.
                              What do you mean by "normal mp3 file"? The mp3 format provides for various ways of encoding (bit rate, bit depth, and frequency), they all are 'normal' in the sense of what is allowed by spec.

Are you sure the 'gap' is not encoded in the file? Have you tried playing the file with another output plug-in or another app?

Comment

• pbelkner
                                • Jun 2010

v1.7.7

Thanks for the new versions.
                                Winamp still crashes sometimes with 1.7.5 when it tries to advance to the next track in playlist (around 6th times, with normal mp3 files).
                                You posted this while I was working on another bug which was not reported yet. It is configurable whether during pause/underflow/skip the device should be disconnected or not. The implementation was just with the option selected in mind. It is open what had happened when somebody had unchecked it. This was another great opportunity to apply the strategy pattern in order to achieve a consistent implementation.

While moving some code into the Disconnect strategy I discovered the code which was running between tracks could hardly achieve what it was supposed to do because of a silly bug and I corrected it on the fly.

It turned out that your bug is not reproducible with what is now v1.7.7.
                                Also not reproducible with v1.7.7.

Please re-test with v1.7.7.

Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X