View Single Post
Old 18th September 2008, 20:31   #2
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Hold the boat folks... now Bush is working to calm the 'turmoil in the economy'. Didn't he, John McCain and Sarah Palin (through John McCains reps) tell us the economy is ok?

WASHINGTON - Eager to show that he feels people's pain, President Bush scuttled a political fundraising trip Thursday to tell the country his administration is working feverishly to calm turmoil in the financial markets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Bush was supposed to spend the day in Alabama and Florida raising money for Republicans and talking energy policy. He canceled his trip and sent Vice President Dick Cheney to sub for him at the fundraisers to focus on the worst financial meltdown since the Great Depression.

At the same time the following story just made me laugh:

WASHINGTON - Nebraska Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel said his party's vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin, lacks foreign policy experience and called it a "stretch" to say she's qualified to be president.

ADVERTISEMENT

"She doesn't have any foreign policy credentials," Hagel said in an interview published Thursday by the Omaha World-Herald. "You get a passport for the first time in your life last year? I mean, I don't know what you can say. You can't say anything."

Could Palin lead the country if GOP presidential nominee John McCain could not?

"I think it's a stretch to, in any way, to say that she's got the experience to be president of the United States," Hagel said.

McCain and other Republicans have defended Palin's qualifications, citing Alaska's proximity to Russia. Palin told ABC News, "They're our next-door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Hagel took issue with that argument. "I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, 'I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia,'" he said. "That kind of thing is insulting to the American people."

Ok, it's prety obvious that anyone leaning Democrat has all but decided that Sarah Palin isn't even close to being VP much less Presidential material. This is a very serious issue considering McCain's age. But it's mind blowing when even members of the GOP agree whole heartedly that Palin isn't anywhere near ready and even calls it 'an insult to the American people' to be told she is.

For the last two years of the Clinton administration all the way through today the GOP has controlled all three branches of the government. Only in the past two years have the Democrats come close to having power but not enough to do anything constructive. So who's to blame?

Those in power. The rich got richer and the poor got poorer. The bad thing is when you make 99 % of the people suffer to benefit 1% eventually everything goes to shit. What is happening now is a direct result of that.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote