X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Victhor
    Late skinner & Moderator
    • May 2003

It's how it's done originally, I wouldn't do anything nearly close to it since I don't have the knowledge. But I'm confident that there were A LOT of reasons to use the method they used (SkinConsortium), in fact I bet it can't be done in any other way.
    So you say there is a way to flip cover 180 degrees and apply gradual transparency dinamically without using layerfx? How would that code be? (approximately)
    · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• Victhor
      Late skinner & Moderator
      • May 2003

Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
      Is it possible that the file (script) that controls the skin's fonts in your working version and in the released v0.9 are not the same? Maybe the specified font sizes are different..
      I noticed this same behaviour in a recent clean install I did, looks like the font is not being read properly (I suspect of something I did).
      On the skin's folder, try to replace "swis721ltcn_bt.ttf" with the font file attached. And let me know if it works.
      Attached Files
      · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• Aminifu
        Forum King
        • Aug 2011

The replacement font did the trick!
        Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
        Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• Aminifu
          Forum King
          • Aug 2011

I know why the Playlist Editor side panel closes when switching to the media library panel in the SUI. The library panel has a Playlist Editor sub-panel and the playlist can only be displayed in 1 panel at a time.

You said (in the What's New text file and on Deviant Art) that the library panel had a playlist (with a search box) on the right side, but I didn't see it until today. I had seen the 2-headed arrow that controls the opening and closing of the playlist sub-panel, but I didn't drag it far enough to make it work until today. This panel also has the track/list playtime info at the bottom.

I had asked about this in issue #3 of post #15 above and your answer #3a in post #16 shows that you probably didn't fully understand what I was talking about.

I have another issue that could be also be due to my misuse of the skin. I can't get the panel to open that allows the fade in, stay, and fade out times for the notification pop-up to be selected. When I right click on the notification, it closes immediately and the time control panel doesn't open. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

• Victhor
            Late skinner & Moderator
            • May 2003

I had asked about this in issue #3 of post #15 above and your answer #3a in post #16 shows that you probably didn't fully understand what I was talking about.
            Probably, I wasn't expecting you didn't see the SUI-like PL. The original skin didn't have it, but since I increased the minimum skin's size, I thought it would make better sense to have it like that for use in small resolutions.
            That said, you'll notice there's an issue when using that ML + PL and deactivating it from Right-click or the PL bottom button.. I think that downside will make it to the end release..

I have another issue that could be also be due to my misuse of the skin. I can't get the panel to open that allows the fade in, stay, and fade out times for the notification pop-up to be selected. When I right click on the notification, it closes immediately and the time control panel doesn't open.
            Indeed, you can't access that menu from there because:
            - I used the cPro2 and there is a strong Bug in the last build where the right menu would crash winamp if the notifier disappears with the menu still visible. So I disable the menu there to avoid that bug. You can still access that menu by going to Main menu > Options > Komodo notifications > Fade and stay time..
            - I like to have a fast way to discard a notification. Windows has an increasingly use of notifications (following mobile style) so I'm always using the "RC discard shortcut" (which most use, but not all). And this cold be even more useful on this skin due to the noticeable increment on its size..
            · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• Aminifu
              Forum King
              • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
              That said, you'll notice there's an issue when using that ML + PL and deactivating it from Right-click or the PL bottom button.. I think that downside will make it to the end release..
              Ok, we just will not deactivate it in those ways. I missed seeing the panel because I wasn't expecting to have to drag the control so far to get the panel to start opening. Maybe it's related to the skin's touchscreen ability. I assume that needs a larger response area than what's needed for a mouse pointer.

You can still access that menu by going to Main menu > Options > Komodo notifications > Fade and stay time..
              - I like to have a fast way to discard a notification. Windows has an increasingly use of notifications (following mobile style) so I'm always using the "RC discard shortcut" (which most use, but not all). And this cold be even more useful on this skin due to the noticeable increment on its size..
              The wording of that option is misleading, "Fade and stay time (Right-click on notifier)". I just now clicked on it anyway and the timing selection panel opened. The wording here needs to be changed.

Your use of the right-click to discard the notifier makes sense for this skin.

EDIT:
              I'm using the latest cPro 2 plug-in and I'm able to have the right-click timing panel stay open (with the XUI Unity ECNMY skin) after the notifier closes without Winamp crashing. Maybe because I'm using rather long timings (2.5 sec fade in and out and 7.5 sec stay).

Comment

• Aminifu
                Forum King
                • Aug 2011

More on the notifier right-click timing panel on skins that support it:

I'm using cPro v2.02 beta 2. When I change 1 of the timing options on the panel, it closes and the notifier re-opens. I can then right-click again if I want to change another timing option. The panel stays open until the next song starts, if I don't click on anything.

Comment

• Victhor
                  Late skinner & Moderator
                  • May 2003

The wording of that option is misleading, "Fade and stay time (Right-click on notifier)".
                  Truth, will change it.

When I change 1 of the timing options on the panel, it closes and the notifier re-opens. I can then right-click again if I want to change another timing option. The panel stays open until the next song starts, if I don't click on anything.
                  Can´t reproduce it (not even mixing accesing ways between Main menu and Notifier menu.. anyway, this sort of things -so cPro2-related- are out of my hand to fix, it's all Pieter's stuff (not in touch with him since last year or so), at least for an "official" release. What I could do would always be unnoficial and amateur-ish, and more of a patch than an actual fix. So don't hold your breath on this hehe..
                  · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• Aminifu
                    Forum King
                    • Aug 2011

Can´t reproduce it (not even mixing accesing ways between Main menu and Notifier menu.. anyway, this sort of things -so cPro2-related- are out of my hand to fix, it's all Pieter's stuff (not in touch with him since last year or so), at least for an "official" release. What I could do would always be unnoficial and amateur-ish, and more of a patch than an actual fix. So don't hold your breath on this hehe..
                    I'm fine with opening this panel thru the main context menu option (for cPro skins that don't support a notifier context menu). I was just letting you know what I'm seeing.

I guess it's to be expected that there are different reactions given all the possible combinations of Winamp plug-ins and settings. However, crashes (for whatever reason) should be prevented whenever possible. You should continue to disable stuff that causes crashes on your system, imo.

I hope Pieter hasn't abandoned us, hopefully he's just waiting for a Radionomy release. I will greatly miss cPro, if I have to stop using it 'down the road'.

Comment

• Aminifu
                      Forum King
                      • Aug 2011

One last idea about the notifier context menu on the XUI Unity ECNMY skin. I have the notifier located at the top center of my screen. On my computer, the context menu opens below and to the right of the notifier. If your notifier is in the lower right corner of your screen (the default location), maybe the context menu is being drawn off screen or not drawn because it would be off screen.

Comment

• Victhor
                        Late skinner & Moderator
                        • May 2003

On my computer, the context menu opens below and to the right of the notifier...
                        .."of the notifier"? It shouldn't work that way, it should open -on most cases- to the right of your click. And it's properly relocated to the left when I click near the right edge, maybe you have something interfering there? (should I move these last posts to the ECNMY skins or is related to this but I just can't see how?)
                        · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• Aminifu
                          Forum King
                          • Aug 2011

Common terms is always an issue. I'm talking about the pop-up that shows info about the songs when they start playback. We have already spent too much time on this. I have ways to adjust the timing associated with this pop-up that work and that's all that's really important.

Comment

• Victhor
                            Late skinner & Moderator
                            • May 2003

Indeed. Anyway, the next Unity/ECNMY release will have some sort of fix to the Notifier crash, being a local implementation or a fix for all cPro2 skins (using the script Pieter patched/fixed but I'm not sure he shared..).
                            · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• Aminifu
                              Forum King
                              • Aug 2011

I'm not having any Notifier crashes, so maybe Pieter did provide something. It would have been some time ago and it will take me awhile to dig thru stuff to find out.

Edit:
                              Didn't take as long as I thought it would. The attached file I got a little over a year ago.

script.7z

Comment

• Aminifu
                                Forum King
                                • Aug 2011

Hi Victhor,

More info on the Notifier Crash fix:

ChiggyChiggy posted about the problem in July, 2014 (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=378834). You let Pieter know and he posted a fix in post #23 of that thread and explained the reason for the crash to DrO in post #25.

At the time, Pieter said he was going to put the fix in cPro v2.03. Alas, we haven't got there yet. It had totally slipped my mind that cPro v2.02 beta 2 is over 2 years old!

Comment

Working...
                                X