• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aminifu
    Forum King
    • Aug 2011

Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
    My current setup is simple: no ID3v1 tags, no comments, no unneeded fields, just artist/album/title/year), works flawlessly and I always used it. Last builds never crashed on me =).
    If you don't use a genre tag and you do use the <Shift+E> tag editor, then do not revert to the 4.103 version of in_mp3.dll. That editor has a problem with files that do not contain a genre tag. The 4.104 version of in_mp3.dll was made to deal with that issue.

Unfortunately v4.104 also causes a problem with some users' mp3 files, but it works fine with my 6K+ collection (each file containing both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags and embedded art, but no replaygain tags). I process all my mp3s with "MP3 Gain" for volume leveling. So I believe the fault is somehow with the mp3 files that do not work with v4.104, but my collection is small relative to many others and the quick 'fix' is to revert to v4.103 (and use genre tags when using the <Shift+E> tag editor).
    Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
    Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• MrSinatra
      Forum King
      • Dec 2004

Originally Posted by ItaraFolf View Post
      And now another issue has reared its ugly head: After 'fixing' the mp3 issues and continuing to calculate replaygain in my music, I have noticed that some AAC data containing files (m4as containing either LC AAC or HE AAC) will cause a crash if I attempt to process them with the replaygain calculator.

This has happened at least twice now and has utterly destroyed the files in question - the files themselves exist on the hard drive but presently are nothing more than dead space as all information that allows a media player to identify them and play them is now apparently gone.

These were files extracted off of CDs using older versions of Winamp itself.
      wow, that's pretty serious.

I think the best thing for you to do is to copy all your m4a files now, so if winamp destroys anymore, it only destroys the copy. and then that way you can identify and upload files to the winamp devs that demonstrate the issue.

just to be sure, do you have any 3rd party plugins at all? might be an idea to start a new thread in bug reports for this issue and post your info report.
      PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
      --
      BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
      Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
      Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• ItaraFolf
        • Dec 2013

Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
        wow, that's pretty serious.

I think the best thing for you to do is to copy all your m4a files now, so if winamp destroys anymore, it only destroys the copy. and then that way you can identify and upload files to the winamp devs that demonstrate the issue.

just to be sure, do you have any 3rd party plugins at all? might be an idea to start a new thread in bug reports for this issue and post your info report.
        Actually, already did the Winamp Info Tool thing earlier in this thread. Aside from video game format related inputs and the in_mp3.dll being dropped back a version .... No plugin changes.

As far as the m4as go ... for now I'll have to take a bit more care in what I send into the replaygain calculator. I'll have to isolate the casualties and then archive the rest as I come across them, external hard drive is a disorganized mess. The two casualties, I'll need to send off when I get paid to be repaired (yes, that can be done but at a price.)

Comment

• MrSinatra
          Forum King
          • Dec 2004

ok, but it still would be worthy to see if you can reproduce the issue while running winamp in safe mode.

also, if the issue can be reproduced reliably with certain files (your copies) it would be good to provide them to the devs so they can fix winamp. (it would also be good to know if the issue is intermittent or not for any one given file, and if so, degree of intermittency)

just fyi, I have a very vague memory of some strange issue where RG would "zero out" the file or something like that. whatever it was, there was no audio info left in the file, so do be careful if those files are that precious.
          PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
          --
          BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
          Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
          Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• ItaraFolf
            • Dec 2013

Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
            ok, but it still would be worthy to see if you can reproduce the issue while running winamp in safe mode.

also, if the issue can be reproduced reliably with certain files (your copies) it would be good to provide them to the devs so they can fix winamp. (it would also be good to know if the issue is intermittent or not for any one given file, and if so, degree of intermittency)

just fyi, I have a very vague memory of some strange issue where RG would "zero out" the file or something like that. whatever it was, there was no audio info left in the file, so do be careful if those files are that precious.
            Thus far the issues appear to be limited to just that collection of music, ripped off of four mix CDs a friend had.

From the first disc, no issues whatsoever. it's when it goes to process files from the second disc onward that this has happened.

I noticed in the older bug reports something about an issue with path naming conventions .... Could that be what's screwing with it?

Full path from the second onward being (external drive letter)\My Music\Many - Lee's Second (Third/Fourth for the other directories, first one has NO mention of which number in set) Mix Disc\(track Number) - (Artist) - (Album) - (Track Name).m4a

Comment

• Alcahest
              • Feb 2002

The opportunity for a proper CDDA plugin finally ;_;
              Still using in_CDReader.dll 2.00b3 by Vladimir Kopjov / Copah here ^^;;

Comment

• Batter Pudding
                Major Dude
                • Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Alcahest View Post
                The opportunity for a proper CDDA plugin finally ;_;
                Still using in_CDReader.dll 2.00b3 by Vladimir Kopjov / Copah here ^^;;
                Think you really need the Wish List.

But what does this in_CDReader.dll do? Winamp can happily play and rip a CD. So what else was CDReader supposed do do that Winamp can't already? (And if you paid for Winamp, it ripped faster)

Edit: Clearly I am missing something. reading this thread: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=1576378 it is clear that plugin has been useless for ages. Even the last of Winamp v2.xx version did full Digital Audio Ripping.

So just throw it away and install the latest Winamp instead. Simple.

Comment

• Alcahest
                  • Feb 2002

Originally Posted by Batter Pudding View Post
                  So just throw it away and install the latest Winamp instead. Simple.
                  Not in a million years. It's extremely light. It doesn't come with all the gracenote bs. It allows custom freedb URLs to retrieve album + track titles. It doesn't have any skipping issue like the official plugin (when i tried it) and I don't rip with WinAmp either.

Comment

• Batter Pudding
                    Major Dude
                    • Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Alcahest View Post
                    Not in a million years. It's extremely light. It doesn't come with all the gracenote bs. It allows custom freedb URLs to retrieve album + track titles. It doesn't have any skipping issue like the official plugin (when i tried it) and I don't rip with WinAmp either.
                    You still don't really make sense. What do you use that out of date plugin for? I can't see a "bug" you are reporting here. Just a WishList thing really.

Have you even tried a modern version of Winamp? I don't get any skips on playing or ripping CDs in Winamp. The only thing I can see different is freedb instead of Gracenote.

Personally I rip more with EAC now, that also uses freedb.

Just trying to understand what you are describing as missing.

Comment

• Alcahest
                      • Feb 2002

Originally Posted by Batter Pudding View Post
                      You still don't really make sense. What do you use that out of date plugin for? I can't see a "bug" you are reporting here. Just a WishList thing really.

Have you even tried a modern version of Winamp? I don't get any skips on playing or ripping CDs in Winamp. The only thing I can see different is freedb instead of Gracenote.

Personally I rip more with EAC now, that also uses freedb.

Just trying to understand what you are describing as missing.
                      1. This is not a bug report thread.
                      2. The plugin I mention still works perfectly fine with 5.666 b3516.
                      The downsides:
                      - User needs to browse and open the .cda files manually.
                      - No unicode support.
                      3. You said it yourself "The only thing I can see different is freedb instead of Gracenote", it makes all the difference to me.

Comment

• kobalty
                        • Feb 2014

just installed..
                        mm...

Comment

• xDR1TeK
                          • Nov 2014

Last by Nullsoft?

Installed
                          Is this the last by Nullsoft?

Comment

• DrO
                            • Sep 2003

"Nullsoft" hasn't meant much for years - especially when the people that constituted Nullsoft all left over a decade ago. is better to just think of things as Winamp and not really as something by Nullsoft.
                            WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• dpa2007
                              • Sep 2012

Greetings all,
                              is there a way (plugin maybe) to make winamp starts playing an internet station at a specific time and day?
                              thanks in advance,
                              sorry if i am offtopic

Comment

• DJ Egg
                                Spectral Techorator
                                • Jun 2000

@dpa2007

Use Windows Task Scheduler to run "x:\path\to\winamp.exe" /NEW "http://st.re.amort" at the specific date and time.

(the /NEW is optional, but will force Winamp to open a new instance, so you don't lose your current playlist if Winamp is already open)

Task Scheduler can be found via: Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

Working...
                                X