Thread: i don't get it
View Single Post
Old 27th August 2015, 21:11   #3
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

dreadofmondays, I felt like you do for years. Do you remember the Winamp Forums Compilations? WFC1 started because we felt AVS was dying and we needed some group activity to keep us together. This was 10 years ago.

A few reasons why people don't make packs any more:
> AVS 2.81d and 2.82 are incompatible and they're both regarded as latest, your OS version decides which version is installed. This would either split my audience in half or double my work.
> Addons are removed from winamp.com. Sure, there's deviantart and other sites, but most people don't know those sites. Traditionally, winamp had - by far - the highest download amounts, other sites were better for artists among each other - commenting and such.
> The regulars stopped talking here, as there is nothing to discuss any more.
> Life went on for most artists. When I started, I was 16 and had all day to work on an AVS preset. I'm 31 now and am happy to get a few hours at the end of the day.

If I would spend my time on a new pack, I'm not sure if there would be over a hundred downloads worldwide and maybe 10 of those would actually use them. I don't think that's worth it.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote