View Single Post
Old 29th July 2020, 12:20   #25
White Raven
Little Winged One

Time for my semi-annual update.
A few years ago I got a degree in Game Art. I've had a few jobs in the industry now, all underwhelming, overworking and underpaying. I still live in the UK, I've been split up with Raz for around 9 years now. Haven't spoken to him in some time but he travels the world and writes songs, a few lines of my poetry made it into some of his original works. I hear he's doing well. I've done a lot of travelling myself, been to Singapore, Japan, Norway, California, Spain, and probably some more, it's hard to keep track.

I live on my own in a small-ish town in Northern England, where I've been since my last videogame industry job evaporated. I've been doing freelance and just kinda getting by. Recently though, I've decided that I've had enough of the industry and want to pursue getting into veterinary medicine if I can; Something I never believed in myself enough to do, but always wanted to. So this year I'm getting the GCSE grades I require to apply to a foundation year course that's meant for "mature students" without the A-Levels. I'm also finally learning how to drive, at 31. I didn't get the best start in life and I'm sort of delayed, but I'm still young enough that I can turn all this around, I hope.

I'm not sure what the future holds. Long-time members know I've sort of always been estranged from my family and that hasn't changed. All I've been able to do is just make sure that I'm not the one being the problem -- My door is always open, they've just yet to walk through.

It's nice to see you, hgnis, Vie, swingdjted, iomegajaz, old and quite mad, and Warrior of the Light. All names I've seen floating around for a long, long time.

I know Widdy passed away, but what's this about Viper?

just as feathery as ever | portfolio | a poignant quote
White Raven is offline   Reply With Quote