X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nimelennar
    Major Dude
    • Mar 2003

[edit]: And in case you haven't seen the movie, the glyphs represent constellations. [/edit]
    Last edited by Nimelennar; 17 January 2004, 18:05.
    The world is made of conflicts: good and evil, order and chaos, light and dark, hot and cold. All are essential to life. None can prevail for any length of time, or life will fail. In the end, the best any can hope for is balance.

Comment

• Foxw
      • Dec 2002

Here's a Simple concept I did today, might give you some ideas,

It's not complete, I didn't do all the LIttle itty bitty details (the Show gate is a duplicate of the movie cept the one in the gateroom set has mechanics to move the "dial" ring)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Foxw; 17 January 2004, 23:12.
      ~Fox
      Skins in dev | Prime | Untitled | STARGATE
      My Deviantness

Comment

• vicecitysoap
        • Jan 2004

Foxw, that is a great gate.

Comment

• Foxw
          • Dec 2002

Well I added some of the inner sections details.. But that outter edges ornimental details are proving to be a total Biatch... (just killed 3 hrs work cuz well.. it didn't work.. arg

heh you know I just realised I'm not even officialy part of this project. I just like the franchise alot.

now hmmmm should i pause to do the DHD..

OH here's a idea, why not use the GDO as the mini mode (it has a screen, buttons and would make a great Mini mode)
          Attached Files
          ~Fox
          My Deviantness

Comment

• FANTACMET
            • Oct 2003

Hey fox, how's this, I'll keep working on the gate, if you wanna do the DHD for the shade mode? Since I don't really watch the series and didn't even know what the DHD was. LOL. As for the gate, my next one will be even grander. The after that will probably have to be layed into place because I'll have all the pieces seperate ready for finaly detailing before it goes to a coder.
            My finaly gate is going to have ALOT of rough texture looking like the rock from which the gate was carved. Also, greysih tint or brownish tint? The movie it was brownish, so it's up to y'all.

Comment

• Icegod
              • Dec 2003

do both in different color themes.
              Seems alright but I would like the brownish tint best.
              And that was a good idea to make a stargate skin
              My Current Playlist
              My Current Desktop
              Icegod.TK
              Fear only FEAR

Comment

• FANTACMET
                • Oct 2003

Latest Incarnation

Thank you for the glyphs. This is a mockup. I have all the pieces seperated so this can pretty much be the final incanation if was neccissary, but I think I can make it a bit better. Just gotta think how. Any idea's would be appreciated.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Foxw
                  • Dec 2002

here this is a background done from all Movie images Fant. Might help you detail it fully so it'll look good.
                  ~Fox
                  My Deviantness

Comment

• Plague
                    f(caffeine){
                    return wasabi;
                    }
                    (Forum King)
                    • Jul 2001

Foxw: I love your stargate pic!
                    Please do something with it, I don't care if you're part of this project or not, just don't let this gate to to waste.

I'll keep my eyes on this thread..

-Plague
                    Winique work-in-progress (download) | Stargate:Winamp - SG1 Edition | D-Reliction | wasabi.player skin (plague-edit)
                    Winamp3_Default skin (plague fixes) | Opal Redemption | X-Slant | wa2skin.wac

Comment

• vicecitysoap
                      • Jan 2004

I agree with Plague! Besides anyone is on the project who wants to be, consider it official.

Comment

• Foxw
                        • Dec 2002

Plauge: You mean that bg (which isn't mine) or the Gate graphic drafts i did?

Vice: Well your welcome to use my gate graphics if you want. You won't see me get too heavily involved simply because well, ya never know I could have my hydro shut off at anytime. (just took over the finances and found them in a complete mess, god just shoot me)
                        ~Fox
                        My Deviantness

Comment

• -=RoNtZ=-
                          Major Dude
                          • Feb 2002

...foxw, your stargates aren't that bad, but they really could be much better. Fantacmet, please don't see this as an offense, but, i can really see almost no similarity between your pics and stargate... :-/
                          and i can'T believe that it's really THAT difficult to make a nice water effect for the inside... why do both of you make such strange things?
                          Frozen skins: Gravestone Betaskins: Mushroom ::-:: The Claw
                          In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye

Comment

• Foxw
                            • Dec 2002

Rontz:.. Dude.. They call it a draft for a reason ya know .. I only spent like 4 hours in total over 2 days on it, hell it's still lacking most of the details and the polish. IT's a CONCEPT.. yeesh. mello a bit.

And oh I could do a better water effect, just wasn't about to bother as this isn't my project.

And I do unusual things because I HATE doing the same thing as everyone else. In my mind it's no better then doing 200 wa2 skins witha skin maker. I mean hell I've stopped even looking at most skins cuz it's just the same old same old, LCD this, realism that. it's gotten to the point where it no longer impresses me at all. I mean last one that impressed me was your Eye and that T3 skin. Not because thier hyper realisitc, but because they weren't the same old thing i've seen 100 times.

I'm just tired of this whole "gotta be super realistic, to be good" fad. *shrug* It's just not my thing, i'd rather it be hyper functional and appealing to me. I don't care if it's product based or realistic, function and originality are what matter to me.
                            ~Fox
                            My Deviantness

Comment

• Plague
                              f(caffeine){
                              return wasabi;
                              }
                              (Forum King)
                              • Jul 2001

Foxw: yea I was talking about the gate itself, not the background..
                              Please finish it, and please oh please make it a winamp skin!

-Plague
                              Winique work-in-progress (download) | Stargate:Winamp - SG1 Edition | D-Reliction | wasabi.player skin (plague-edit)
                              Winamp3_Default skin (plague fixes) | Opal Redemption | X-Slant | wa2skin.wac

Comment

• vicecitysoap
                                • Jan 2004

It's fine to take things slow and do it right. Clearly there is an interest in a Stargate skin. And SG-1 is in it's 8th season, I think. On monday nights scifi channel 6pm-11pm, so check it out for quality assurance purposes.

RoNtZ: any ideas to improve? do you watch the show? every GOOD project needs a good critic. REALLY!

I myself don't know what to add to the project, besides advice about the show. I honestly never expected to get such good help. I am building a new system and expect to get a cable internet within a week or two. Tell me if there is something I can do to help.

Have we found someone willing to do the coding?

Comment

Working...
                                X