View Single Post
Old 20th December 2006, 14:35   #1
TonyRz

"invalid destination" copy to HD problem.

Using:

*ml_ipod 2.00p21
*Winamp 5.32
*Win98SE
*iPod mini 4GB 2nd gen

I am again having a problem copying files to the hard drive from the iPod. I get the dreaded "invalid destination" drive error, which, IIRC, would happen with various Winamp versions 5.2x on 98SE where the Winamp Rip&Burn plugin was installed.

I feel stupid, but I can't remember what I did in the past to take care of this. I'm pretty sure that what I did was upgrade to a version of Winamp 5.xx that didn't have problems with Rip&Burn on 98SE.

The files in question are Nero-encoded .m4as with no tagging at all - they got their artist-album-etc info into the iPod thanks to Winamp ML options on my XP box to ignore metatags and force use of the directory structure on the hard drive where I encode my live shows.

I am attempting to copy one show back down to a 98SE box using the following structure:

Artist\Album\title

but the software gets no further than creating the Artist\Album structure successfully.

Specifically:

Pretenders\CHESTNUT CABARET 85

got created by Winamp in the right place, but not one of the files would copy over, telling me there was an invalid destination specified.

I changed my options under the ml_ipod prefs, giving the created directory as one that already exists, but again - upon attempting to copy any or all files: "invalid destination" error message.

I uninstalled the "Rip & Burn" option from the 98SE box, but still got the same problem....

Any hints appreciated.
TonyRz is offline   Reply With Quote