View Single Post
Old 29th October 2010, 19:19   #29
captainnapalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draynam View Post
My other point is something that I didn't see mentioned before. The lockscreen is a fairly good idea, but in my opinion it's somewhat broken by the fact that, at least on a HTC phone (Desire in my case), after touching the lock icon on Winamp's screen, you're back on the default Sense lockscreen and have to swipe again to finally access your home !

After only a few minutes of use, I disabled Winamp's lockscreen. I'd rather have to unlock the default lockscreen to be able to use Winamp, than to have to unlock two screens to access anything else on my phone !

My dream would be that Winamp could interact with Sense's lock screen, to display the album art and a few controls, as the Sense music player does, but I guess that's not gonna happen.

Failing this, it would be nice if Winamp's lockscreen took the place of the default lockscreeen : a swipy gesture of some sort to unlock, leading directly to your home screen.

Then again, I don't know if this problem affects non-HTC Sense phones...

Keep up the good work, guys !
I agree with this, and it does not simply affect HTC Sense phones. Two lock screens is a little bit annoying, but there's something that's almost more annoying.

There are times when I forget that there is a Winamp lock screen and as soon as I touch the sleep/wake button my fingers automatically swipe to unlock. Sometimes I am able to perform this before the Winamp lock screen appears, but then after I've unlocked the phone, the Winamp lockscreen will still appear.

An integrated solution, such as the default Sense lockscreen that appears when music is playing, would be ideal.