Thread: Been a while...
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2019, 04:26   #171
sgtfuzzbubble011

I suppose it's time for another round of updates. I'll provide the Reader's Digest version.

The L5-S1 disc in my back ruptured AGAIN this past October, and I had to have the same discectomy surgery again around the beginning of December. When it happened in 2017, the bulge was about the size of a pea. This time, the bulge was about as big as a gumball. It was way worse this time. Recovery was much longer, and I never actually went back to work while I was still living in Texas.

The cost of living in Houston kept skyrocketing the entire decade I was living there, and combined with the ridiculous medical bills from this latest surgery, I just couldn't afford to live there anymore. I ended up moving back to Mississippi at the end of March (about 2 months ago) once I'd recovered to the point where it was safe for me to do so.

The good news is that I was able to get a job even before I had gotten my driver's license switched back to MS. I'm working at Public Works again, but I'm in a different department this time (this is the 3rd department for me so far, lol). There's quite a few familiar faces still working there, so coming back isn't as strange as I thought it would be.

Overall, I'm really happy to be close to my family and old friends again. I'm really starting to miss the people I care about in TX, though. This is going to be very tough for me.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote