• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Argeon
    • Dec 2020

External HDD

Hi,
    How can I add an external HDD with songs to the media list the way the CD/DVD is displayed so I can browse the HDD in that pane?
    Thanks and stay healthy!
    Regards, John.
  • Kiriakos-GR
    • Dec 2020

External HDD makes no difference than internal.
    Naturally you are obligated making specifically named play lists (examples):
    E-drive Old Rock 80s.pls
    E-drive Old Rock 70s.pls

And load them only when E: drive this is attached.

Comment

• Kiriakos-GR
      • Dec 2020

If you think CD/DVD browsing as some sort of trickery of you avoiding to perform songs management by them be categorized or placed at specific folders then this is not going to happen.

Comment

• Argeon
        • Dec 2020

Hi Kiriakos,
        Thanks for the reply. In your first reply you were spot on. I would like to see the driveletter and just like in windows explorer be able to click and open directories. There's about 15 directories with each several subdirectories, so it would be more efficient to be able to browse these. If I add the drive to my library now, Winamp reads all music files and puts them in one long list. That really is unclear as the files are sorted alphabetically and thus they're mixed as far as year or musicstyle is concerned.
        If you would know how to go about to achieve my goal, would you please share.
        Thanks a million.
        Kind regards, John.

Comment

• Argeon
          • Dec 2020

Hi,
          Sorry Kiriakos doesn't return any more. I just don't seem to be able to keep up with the amount of replies here. I did have a tree structure of my external drive before in the local library list. Just haven't got a clue as to how I did it but I recall that it wasn't cumbersome. It got lost after a total format and upgrade to Win10. I can't seem to get the old tree structure back. So, please people, if anyone can help me out here, it would be much appreciated. Thanks and regards, John.

Comment

Working...
          X