• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sabine Klare
    Forum Queen
    • Nov 2010

It is terrible to lose the parents

Maybe I should open this thread, after I got a terrible telephone call a few minutes ago...

I don't understand it, because I will never understand the death...

The nursing home has called me. Today at 2:30 PM my mother has died (she was 85), suddenly and unexpectedly. My mother looked very badly, when the nurses looked after her. The emergency had been called immediately, but when the doctor had arrived, my mother was already dead. The cause of death has yet to be investigated...

Before my father had died with 74 (6th March 2003, 5:00 PM), he didn't look very well anymore, and he had suffered in his last weeks. I myself and his long-time-friend had visited my parents on 6th March. A half hour, after I returned into my current environment, suddenly he was sitting dead in the wheel-chair. At 6:00 PM suddenly Frank had appeared on the meeting, and I had already known, what had happened. Today I was at home, when suddenly the telephone rang...

I wanted to visit my mother next weekend. I didn't do that on Monday, because it was too hot. I had too many fears, I would go to fainting. Such a heat and the very extreme changings of the weather are very dangerous, especially for older people...

I can never visit her anymore, only on the cemetery...

Now I have no parents anymore, but I will never forget them...
    Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
    Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
    AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
  • Victhor
    Late skinner & Moderator
    • May 2003

Sorry to hear / read this, it's a terrible thing indeed (strange, we never understand it well), though is somehow expected at some point, I hope you get well as soon as you can and keep on like we all should, sooner or later.
    · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• Aminifu
      Forum King
      • Aug 2011

It is a painful thing to lose a loved one for any reason, but natural death is unavoidable.

Death from natural causes is easy to understand, but hard to accept. We (plants and other animals) are not designed to live forever. As soon as we're born (created), we start to die. It's just a matter of when. This is why we should not put off to later the things that we do not need to put off and we should not hesitate to tell others that we care about, how we feel.

I was raised to celebrate natural death. If a person lives a good life, then they were going on to their reward. Life as we know it is just a test before the greater afterlife which is eternal.
      Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
      Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• swingdjted
        DRINK BEER NOW
        (Forum King)
        • Feb 2006

Your loved ones live on in the remaining lives they touched.

Bodies die, but many good things remain: values, contributions, love, influence, style, and a wealth of other intangible gifts that you have received.

I am sorry for you in that you have to mourn the loss of quite possibly the most important person in your life, and you have my deepest sympathies. But please follow your tears with a gentle smile when you celebrate her life and memories.
        Don't forget to live before you die.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
          Forum Queen
          • Nov 2010

Thank You all...

After 7 days I am online here again. I still did not get any information about the cause of death, and the burial time can not yet be determined. I have to be every day in readiness, because the telephone can ring between 8:00 AM and 10:00 PM. Last week I got also after 11:00 PM a telephone call. I hope I will not shooed even through half the city. I desperately need my rest...

When I was making some updates, suddenly the telephone rang. Because the telephone call came from the nursing home, I had already known, that they would have bad news for me, but I didn't know, that they would have such terrible news. At first I had thought, they would tell me, my mother would have been brought again into a hospital. I would have visited her in the hospital on the same day. I would have done my things ready, then I would have taken the city trains & busses. But instead of "hospital" suddenly I heard from the man, that my mother had died. I was shocked, of course. I had experienced similar terrible telephone calls also in the past, for example June 2012 early in the moring, when suddenly one of the nurses of the nursing station called me and when she had the terrible message for me "Your mother is in the hospital, the apartment is burnt" (and the evening before everything was okay, when I visited her)...

I had to call their long-standing girlfriends. Some of them are also over 80 and not very healthy anymore, and some of them live in another city. And I had to call my cousine. They all were shocked, too. Not all of them will be able to attend to the burial...

We thought, Frank's mother would leave us soon, but we didn't think, that my mother could die, suddenly and unexpectedly. We all had thought, she would feel well, and before she died, she had her telephone calls with some of us. The evening, before she died, she had called also me. She did that between 3 and 20 times per day. Now it is so ghostly quiet...

We have learned again: Also a long life is too short, and no one knows when he or she must actually die. The older we get, the faster the time is running out. Suddenly it's all over...

Comment

• Sabine Klare
            Forum Queen
            • Nov 2010

After making my previous post, I got the next telephone call from the supervisor, who was in the office. A foreign debt at the death of my mother was excluded. The date for the funeral has been set: 7th July 11:00 AM (German Timezone). Yesterday I didn't get every long-standing girlfriend at the telephone anymore.

I am trying to return to normality, although it's very difficult. In the first days after the terrible message I was not in the mood for music anymore. I still cannot do very much at my PC, I need my breaks. Also I sit on the balcony very often, where I hear the sparrows, and I think very much after. Maybe I will have the music with me again soon also outside, although it will take a while, but my life will never be the same anymore...

Comment

• sgtfuzzbubble011
              • Jun 2000

My condolences. I hope it's a very long time before I lose either of my parents. However, I was present when my girlfriend's mom passed away a couple years ago. It's a very painful experience. I wish you the best and hope you can start to feel better soon.

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                Forum Queen
                • Nov 2010

Thank You, sgtfuzzbubble011...

Some people told me, I should be glad, that my parents had a long life (at least my mother). Many of the other people had lost their parents much earlier, for example, when they themselves had just become adults. It was not only because of cancer, also because of an accident, a heart attack, a stroke or whatever (in some environments people can be also murdered without a reason). I had lost so many people in all my years, I cannot count anymore, and some of them had partners and / or children, too. I talked about that already in my other thread... http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=370066

If somebody has cancer and is dying in a hospital, then mostly the family members can visit this person also on the last day and stay at the bed in the last hours. If suddenly an accident, a heart attack or a stroke happens, then mostly it's not possible anymore to come so quickly, and the person is already dead, before the family members can arrive. Or the children have already moved to another city. The death can come so quickly, and suddenly the telephone can ring or somebody from the police can ring at the door, and then the family members will get the terrible message suddenly and unexpectedly. If a nurse has said "Dont worry, everything is okay", then also the nurse didn't expect the death, and with my father this was the case 11 years ago. But maybe it was better, that I went back to my environment and Frank appeared to protect me, because possibly I was in danger of breaking down again. Summer 2002 I had my nervous breakdown...

I have created my thread to write down my experiences with the death of my parents. Other people, who are making similar experiences, can post here, too. I have thought of that, when I have chosen the topic for my thread...

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                  Forum Queen
                  • Nov 2010

Usually the children will lose their parents some day. If one of the parents dies, then the other one loses the partner (mostly spouse). Some parents had divorced, but the most parents had been married for many years, in the case of my parents nearly 45 years. But sometimes it can also happen, that the parents lose a child, for example, before their child had visited a school the first time or after their child already had become an adult. Maybe the topic of my thread should have been "It is terrible to lose the parents, partners, children" instead of "It is terrible to lose the parents", but a moderator can certainly help.

Yesterday my mother has been buried. I have cried in the Berlin S-Bahn (our city train), I wasn't able to supress my tears. Also in the cemetery chapel I have cried, when I walked in, saw the coffin and sat down. When the burial was completed, my cousine had cried, too, and I took her into my arms. Later she said, she was glad, that she was in Berlin for a visit 1 year ago.

I have my own conception about the death. When a cat from us had died, I didn't eat for many days. My cousine wanted to walk with us into a restaurant, she wanted a farewell eat together with us. Later she had been brought back to the hotel, to rest a little bit.

Back at home, I wasn't able to do something at the computer. I went to bed, stood up, returned to bed, again and again. Also I went to the balcony very often, to sit there for many minutes. In the bed I began to cry again. I will cry also for the next days. It will need a very long time.

Last week I had promised a promotion for the fanbase, something for my galleries. I have to apologize, that I didn't do my uploads yet and that some people have to wait a little bit longer now. I didn't feel very well and I left my PC very often. Maybe I could try that tomorrow.

Again I have realized, that my life isn't the same anymore. A deep gap was torn in my life, and this gap can never be closed again...

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                    Forum Queen
                    • Nov 2010

Early in the morning the telephone rang again. Yesterday my mother in law has died at 06:45 PM with 70. I heard, the cancer was back, in the last months there was also a dementia. May she rest in peace.

My own mother had many friendships in her class. After the school many people kept the contacts each other. From 8 women in my adress-list 5 have remained. Since March 2014 3 women and 2 men have died. One of the remained women lives in Berlin.

We have to stay in vacation away from the internet, this means also for me: no activity exept of the Winamp Forums. I will stop by in the forums from time to time. Now we have many further stress with authorities and paperforms, which come along with the loss.

We still have to sort out our own life. I cannot say yet, when I can come really back. I have to focus now on the other things.

I have to go outside very often. If I am back at home, then I have to rest. We have to retire a little bit. We need many time for ourselves now...

Comment

• chapiz
                      • Sep 2015

I'm sorry man, a touching story.
                      Music is a higher revelation than any philosophy.

kdp

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                        Forum Queen
                        • Nov 2010

Thank You, chapiz.

Only a few people will become 90. My father had become 74, my mother 85, Frank's mother 70. Frank's father and his second wife have become 75 this year. Although his first marriage had been divorced, we had called him and told him the sad news. We hope, that he and his wife will have some more years.

I always thought, the critical age would begin with 45, but already with 40 somebody can get a heart attack, stroke or pulmonary embolism. So many of our contacts have died, I cannot count anymore. Also an accident or a murder can suddenly happen, with every age. It is similar with cancer, which suddenly can be discovered. It will be a terrible loss for the partners and for the children, who maybe are not adults yet. I think, in many families the relationship between parents and children was not always harmonious, maybe there were family conflicts and disputes. But many children will miss their parents also many years later. I had some PMs in the previous year.

Of course I don't know, when I myself have to leave this planet, after many years or already tomorrow. I admit, I have many fears, that my time on this planet possibly has already expired. This year I have become 49. I hope, that I can celebrate also my 50th Birthday on 8th August 2016...

Comment

• Tomas-33
                          • Jun 2016

maybe some suggestions for a long life
                          - drink tea with antioxidants
                          - Have regular sex at least twice a week
                          - exercise
                          - Eat three walnuts a day
                          - Use less sunscreen but don’t burn
                          - Stop eating when you’re 80% full
                          - Go to bed one hour earlier if you can
                          - Be helpful and lend a hand to others
                          - Eat twice as much fruit and vegetable
                          Moja-Lekarna

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                            Forum Queen
                            • Nov 2010

Of course a person can try to have a healthy life. But a healthy life is no warranty for a long life. We had lost many people, who had lived very healthy, and some of them had become only between 40 and 60. Mostly it was because of a heart attack, sometimes also because of an accident. And of course suddenly a person can be attacked by unknown people, mostly outside, and the victim can be stabbed, shot or murdered on another way. Especially in environments with very much crime and violence it happens very often. And then the children lose one of their parents or the parents lose one of their children or the adults lose their partner.

Frank's mother had won a fight against the first cancer many years ago. In 2010 she became ill, and in 2012 her health had become worse. She had been stabilized a few times. After the year 2013 had started, she had to be brought into a nursing home. We had known already in that time, that it was not harmless, and we had thought, that she would die before my own mother, but my own mother had died as first.

The Parkinson of my father had started when the Seventies had ended. At the beginning a person can do more things than at the end of the Parkinson. The final state is very terrible, and the person suffers very much. In December 2002 my father had a pneumonia, and the doctors had told me: „No, Your father will not become 80. We cannot give him a long time anymore. Maybe he will become 75, maybe not!“. I had seen in the last weeks, that the end would come soon and it would be inevitable. On his last day it was not possible to wake him up, when we had visited him. The nurse from the nursing station saw him, but she still had thought, that he would not die, and later, when she wanted to bring him back to the bed, she saw him sitting dead in the wheel-chair. But my mother had said, that he had looked very relaxed. He didn't need to suffer anymore. But although I had known, that he would die, I myself would have given him some more days. I didn't know, that his death would come so quickly.

My mother herself seemed to be very stable, although she had Diabetes, and I myself would have given her some more years. I had expected, that she would become also 89. After the fire in her old leased apartment in June 2012 and some days in the hospital she was brought into the nursing home. Because of the nasty neighbors suddenly the management for all houses had terminated the lease agreement contract with her. My mother got told these news, but later she had asked me very often, when could she return into her old leased apartment. Also she had asked me very often: „Where are all my books and LPs?“. I didn't know, what should I answer. But maybe she had known already, that they didn't exist anymore, and she simply didn't want to live anymore. The man from the nurses was in the holidays. When he was back and made his control-tour on his first day, he found my mother in a very bad state, and he tried to help, but the death was faster than the emergency. The cause of her death never had been figured out.

Recently I had again some discussions with other people, in the internet and in real, because they themselves are now in such situations, and they are afraid, that their fathers and mothers possibly would pass away soon. Then I can say only shortly, what I myself had experienced some years ago. They will have also talks with some more people, if they will go through hard times.

Also we ourselves still have to go through hard times, for other reasons, because of very big problems (our existence is in danger because of very nasty people). Soon my next longer absence from the internet will follow, because I really feel very sick, with all my fears, depressions, panic attacks, and the prescribed therapy is not avoidable. Then I will stop by more rarely...

Comment

• alexrib
                              • Feb 2017

Sorry to read that, condolences.
                              RIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X