View Single Post
Old 25th June 2007, 19:04   #47
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Omega X
And the exception of the price, the DRM stuff, the fact that its not much different than XP.
The price argument is fair, although it's hardly an atypical price (it's pretty much what XP was selling for before). The DRM issue can be pretty stupid and been blown out of all proportion. Technically it's very different to XP, and it's considerably more usable and so on, but it's mostly the sort of thing that people won't notice until they go back and realise how much they lose regressing to XP.

Quote:
A lot of people are not buying Vista right away for a ton of reasons. For gamers, its the lack of compatible games and the minor impact on game performance. For many its because its expensive. For business, its because their software isn't compatible yet. For security concerned, its because SP1 isn't here yet. For the rest its either wait and see or because their hardware would need an upgrade.
For business, it's because SP1 isn't here yet and they traditionally wait that long. The security-concerned should know that Vista's already more secure than XP, but sure. The other points are good ones; incompatible software is a good reason not to move, but that's not really Vista's fault.

Quote:
My system got a 4.7 on the Vista scale in Beta 2(its probably on a different scale now) and I can buy Vista and put it on this machine. But I see no reason to upgrade to Vista yet. It could be for games later on, but I still need a DX10 card. Not to mention that it could cost me a bit to get unless I go OEM version. So its either buy Vista which I have a minor interest in or use that money for something better. Factor that in to a ton of other people and its easily one of the many big reasons why Vista sales are suffering.
That's kinda the main issue. Although it's a major update, can people justify the cost when what they already have works right now?

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote