View Single Post
Old 1st July 2007, 22:29   #79
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by Phyltre
These two paragraphs would appear to be the core of your argument, and both have been addressed in this thread multiple times. First off, what are the "main problems" Windows has, in your opinion?

As for the second paragraph, it's coming off as quite pugilistic. Are you calling the people who have noticed a substantial improvement in Vista from XP liars or idiots? It's one or the other. It's one thing to say you think it sucks (we all have opinions) but it's another to be insulting.
The main problem with windows I have surmised adequately in what I said.

As for the second part no I'm not calling anyone an idiot or liar. What I am saying though is that they are misunderstanding a fundamental part of Vista and that it as yet does not have a new kernel. As I said that won't be addressed until server 2008 is released. At the moment it still uses the basic core of XP and then other new software/features have been built onto/added to that.

Least from the tech write ups that I have read over the last year is what I understood was happening.

What is more concerning though is the power that the E.U.L.A. now gives to Microsoft. I first suspected this during checking out over recent months there automatic updates. Windows defender was being offered as an Update and really it should not be as it is not technically an update.

So I select to ignore that update and not remind me or show me again. So the next month what happens? So it appears again and again I refuse it - this happened two or three months in a row and so I decide I'm gonna have a look. After download I looked over the E.U.L.A and by installing I would give Microsoft arbitrary rights to remove any thing they deam to be a risk to my system, including third party security software.

Windows Live Center is even more draconian and that is the only word to describe it.

Music is Life, Love and Happiness :|: Life is Music. Serren - 1985 - 2005
Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

siggy link So stumbling? whats it all about
Smeggle is offline   Reply With Quote