View Single Post
Old 28th August 2012, 09:38   #340
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi SilverBird775,

Further observations on version 0.52.

When the exclusive mode "Free device when idle" option is not checked the output delay for the finest samplerate converter is 4 or 5 seconds less on my system, but the matrix mixer changes are not saved even in exclusive mode. A restart reverts to the automatic mixer setup.

Once the balance and delays controls are working, changing the matrix mix will hopefully not be necessary. I only do it now for 'room corrections'.

I don't mind the output delay in exchange for a better samplerate converter, but others might. Do you think you can significantly shorten the delay?

As you know, the 'Loudness War' predates digital music and I don't think the music industry is going to stop it any time soon. Thanx again for the info provided in your last post. Anyway, I now prefer the sound of your plug-in's adaptive exclusive mode (with upsampling & upmixing) when I'm focused on listening to my music. It is 'sharper' and a little more detailed. It's also nice to have the option of having the output match the input for hearing what the studio intended. Shared mode (with upsampling & upmixing) is great for background listening, when I'm focused on other tasks. I'm now content with waiting a while longer on upgrading my soundcard and speakers. Thanks to you, I no longer need "Matrix Mixer" and I can bypass the Windows mixer too. I only lose crossfading, but with gapless output, that is not a big deal.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote