View Single Post
Old 28th August 2017, 18:35   #162
Fumbling_Foo

Sorry for the long delay, been working a bit to post a (yet another) minor update of Star Forge.

Thank you for the reply, Victhor. I must admit that I haven't really checked out the different options of skins for winamp, but I must say, Victhor, those are some killer skins . I believe its true that nobody has appreciated my work more than myself. I've logged hundreds of hours watching various revisions of Star Forge, sometimes hours at a time. It might not be because its just that good for extended viewing, but because its my own work. But I do believe the preset is so dynamic that it can almost be viewed endlessly and still provide new patterns, and so its a preset like few others. Its just never the same except for the basic center circle and periphery structure.

Hakanh, thank you for the reply as well. I liked v14 as well but I'm just not seeing it being better than some of the changes in v15 imo, at least from a personal preference standpoint, except perhaps for the border which may not be meshing with the preset overall, so I've removed that in this update. I like the more textured look of v15; there's lots more and more defined detail and more varied overall patterns in the preset that can persist longer, even though its less smooth I think the tradeoff is worth it imo. Nevertheless, thanks very much for the informative feedback Hakanh!

Also, I doubt I'll be making any significant changes to the warp shader or comp shader for a while because I lack the skills for real programming and I would need to gather more code material from other presets, test, etc. to come up with an improvement. Thanks for the tips again, Hakanh!

Creativity turned into madness. And then back again.
Fumbling_Foo is offline   Reply With Quote