View Single Post
Old 16th October 2017, 23:50   #166
Fumbling_Foo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine Klare View Post
Today I have downloaded 2 more presets, by You and by xmuzack. I think, I will see them this week.

I forgot to mention, that since April I am on 2629 skins. The ugly skins are not in my Winamps on my PC & notebook, and I dislike especially those Modern Skins (Non-SUI) which look like Metallic Skulls or like Machine Guns. Since 3 days I am on 36590 presets and 1144 pages, and maybe I will use maximal 40000 of over 52000 presets. I will exclude the very ugly presets and those presets with very annoying filenames from my usage, but I still have them in my archives incl. my ultra-archives.

Do I have only my generalized anxiety disorder or is there a real danger for our Planet Earth now? Frank and I really don't want, that our Beautiful Blue Planet with all the many lifeforms on it will be destroyed now. How would I feel, if I would hear "now it will happen"? Of course I never want to see it happen. I want to see all the lifeforms alive also for the future, and maybe also the humans still want to stay alive and enjoy all the technical features which we have reached now, incl. the hardware and software.

As next I will have dates also with a neurologist, not only with a psychiatrist and with an orthopedist. My left hand gets more and more defect, maybe soon it will not work correctly anymore. And these newer problems bring my older problems more into the background.

Fumbling_Foo, for You I hope all the best and keep strong...
Thanks Mrs. Klare, I may have been a bit depressed about my progress with making presets, but overall I've been happy with life lately. I've been exploring the world of high-end audio and the world of mnemonics and have been making good progress on both fronts, especially mnemonics. I've always complained about a bad memory, especially after I contracted schizoaffective disorder, but mnemonics is totally changing that .

I'm also worried about my brain, that I may have a brain tumor. If I could just get an eye exam, for sure the examiner would be able to see if I potentially have one because of increased intercranial pressure and refer me to a neurologist.

Also, I have good news - Star Nova v2. Its the best version yet of Star Nova and better than any Star Forge version. Like other Star Forge / Nova versions, its beat detection is so good it's almost godly, possessing a refined musicality to it. You have to look beyond the triggers and transitions into their very appearance, study the preset in motion, to get a sense of how accurate the beat detection, appropriate the musicality and appearance, and nuanced the preset is. Not every beat elicits the same response, its fluid instead of mechanistic. The preset just "knows" how to respond to the beat and character of the music in unpredictable but sensible ways. Even I don't know how it does what it does, through trial and error I've refined Star Forge / Nova to where it just works. Cheers and enjoy!

Creativity turned into madness. And then back again.
Fumbling_Foo is offline   Reply With Quote