View Single Post
Old 4th September 2012, 04:32   #10
adgj

I sent an email to WinAmp explaining that I was considering buying the Pro version. I asked these questions:
- - - - - - - -

MY KEY QUESTIONS:
* Can WinAmp Pro display the file dates in its folder display?
* Whether or not the date is displayed, can the files in the folder be sorted on file date ascending and descending?

FURTHER QUESTIONS:
* Can files be deleted using the folder display?
* Can files be renamed using the folder display?
* Can files be copied, pasted and moved using the folder display?

(As you can see, I am very much trained as a Windows user. I use Media Monkey for audio files because of the control it gives in sorting the display, and I avoid iTunes and playlists like the plague.)
- - - - - - - -

I received an automated response referring me to FAQ and this forum, and saying:

"Thanks for downloading the Winamp for Android app! We love reading comments and yes, we read them all! We cannot reply to everyone but here is a way to help us make updates, changes and fixes."
- - - - - - - -

So I have two recommendations to WinAmp, who have now lost my business:
1. Look after your potential customers, and don't present yourselves as so superior that you don't have to answer their pre-sale questions.
2. Accommodate people who want to work their audio files from a Windows-Explorer-type file display, rather than from the confusion of iTunes and playlists. This forum clearly answers my questions in the negative.
adgj is offline   Reply With Quote