Thread: Doom 1 and 2
View Single Post
Old 25th February 2005, 06:21   #8
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
@ mikwiththestick...

I haven't been posting in these forums lately due to other things taking precedence right now, and I very rarely (if ever) post in the Games Center. I usually always post in the Winamp Tech Support (and related) forums here. But I did stop by just now and happened to see this thread.

Yep. Doom 1 and 2 are indeed ancient DOS-based games but I will not rudely "knock" you for your interest in them, as others have done. That is just childish and I have no wish to denigrate anybody in that manner.

That said, I will continue...

I'm still temporarily stuck with an old PII box running Win95 (my AMD Athlon running WinXP Pro bit the dust). And oddly enough, I still have Doom 2 installed on this old box. I created a WAD file way the hell back in 1997, called TOMDOOM.WAD (yes... my real name's Tom). If you are interested, I can upload it to my server and you can do as you wish with it at your site.

Now, the WAD file may only work with DOOM 2: Hell on Earth v1.7, since it was created using that version. But if you feel you might be interested, I have everything zipped up, including the installer for v1.7, one batch file I created that contains several menus with many options for TomDoom gameplay, the .wad file itself, and a .lmp (demo) file I created. This is the text within the readme file I included within the ZIP file...
Quote:
Installing TOMDOOM for the first time:

First, make certain that you copy these files into your Doom2 directory:

READ_1ST.TXT (this file you are reading now)
TOMDOOM.DOC (description of TomDoom and where to contact the author)
TOMDOOM.WAD (the wad file containing the 3 new levels)
TOMDOOM.BAT (the batch file that launches TomDoom)
SHOTGUN2.EXE (the de-hacked file that can be used in lieu of Doom2.exe)

OPTIONAL:

TOMSDEMO.LMP (demo that shows the awesome firepower of new weapons)

Go to your Doom2 directory and type Tomdoom and press ENTER. This will call up the
batch file TOMDOOM.BAT (no need to include the .bat extension when typing this).
Just follow the on-screen prompts and go from there. That's all there is to it!

The file named "Shotgun2.exe" MUST be in your Doom2 directory before you can proceed.

OPTIONAL:

* Insert a line at the beginning of TomDoom.bat (use notepad or any other text editor)
with a change directory command that reflects the location of your Doom2 directory.

Example: CD\DOOM2 (where Doom2.exe is in directory C:\DOOM2)
or...
CD\GAMES\DOOM2 (where Doom2.exe is in directory C:\GAMES\DOOM2)

* This is only necessary if the file (TomDoom.bat) is NOT in your Doom2 directory.
In this way, if you include TomDoom.bat anywhere else in your path, in any other
directory, you can type Tomdoom and press ENTER anywhere at the DOS prompt and
access TomDoom right away (in other words, you don't have to be in Doom2 directory)
Okay...
Let me know if you are interested. If you are, i will upload the ZIP file to my server so that you can download it. But I will not do so if you aren't interested.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote