View Single Post
Old 27th June 2014, 06:45   #1
max_broadcast

Strange buffering problem, unsure what to do next.

Hi, I've been a long time lurker, first time poster.

I opened a VPS with 15 TB of bandwidth, have SAM broadcaster 2014.3 loaded, with mysql database, and shoutcast dnas 2.2.1 x64 bit ( I have tried icecast, and shoutcast dnas 1.9.8 and same result)

So, I have done some testing and not sure where to go from here, completely stuck, I searched google, and the forums and couldn't resolve my issue.

heres my speed from my host
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3584764335

its a beefy connection, I even ran pingtest.net and passed with flying colors, yet I'm still buffering, opened a support ticket with host and all they say is everything is ok on our side.

I dont think its a sam broadcaster issue, its more towards shoutcast, but then im not sure, heres why.

I loaded winamp with shoutcast dsp plugin on same server that shoutcast dnas 1.9.8 is loaded, and get the same buffering result, sam broadcaster does the same thing when I point to 127.0.0.1, or localhost.

but when i stream from my house in seattle, WA to my VPS in dallas,tx stream is solid, and hours and hours of solid streaming, as soon as I point sam broadcaster or shoutcast dsp encoders to 127.0.0.1 shoutcast freaks out, its not just shoutcast, same goes for icecast if I set my encoder to 127.0.0.1 ice cast buffers the same as shoutcast. Not sure whats up. I know im not the only one who has this issue.

So I thought if the stream is solid from my house in seattle, wa to dallas, then my house sam encoder is set to broadcast to my vps using public IP. So I set the public ip of my VPS in sam broadcaster that installed on the vps that shoutcast is installed and same buffering result.

Im stuck, and not sure what to try next. I have ruled out its not a outbound network issue, its something having to do with sam broadcaster/winamp and shoutcast/icecast installed on the same server and using 127.0.0.1 or localhost.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
max_broadcast is offline   Reply With Quote