X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dgcyears
    • Jan 2012

Non-stop streaming + shuffle question

Hello! I've been using shoutcast before, but just on my local though, now I have a VPS and i'd like it to run non-stop radio.

1.I run sc_serv then sc_trans to start streaming music over the night when I'm offline (AutoDJ option, thx sc_trans), but here comes the problem, if for an example the VPS' network gets down for a sec then it automatically boots, how can I make the streaming server + sc_trans to automatically start with it?
    2.I have the shuffle option on, but it's pretty annoying sometimes, i saw in the log list that 3 of 4 following songs were about to be from Amon Amarth and the 4th song from another band. How can I make something like a restriction to make the next song not be the same band as the one playing atm. Ex: First song, that is playing now, is named X from Children of Bodom(band), but the next one(song 2) i'd like not to be from Children of Bodom too. Same for song 2, 3 and 3, 4. Any help?

P.S: My radio is YP connected and not i cannot see any button for changing the description I've entered the first time i made the YP settings. Any help?
  • DrO
    • Sep 2003

if sc_trans isn't on the same host (or even if it is and the connection drops) then it should keep re-trying to connect back to sc_serv. depending on the version of sc_trans you're using it can be either 60seconds or 30seconds before the connection is re-attempted (with a timeout option coming in the next sc_trans release to allow for a lower time to be set).

there's not much you can do to alter the shuffle implementation. you do have the means to have a script used as the playlist and just feed that back to sc_trans and control things from that side or just create a number of pre-shuffled playlists which you're happy with. though shuffling can and often will output things in the order you're seeing.

-daz
    WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• dgcyears
      • Jan 2012

And what if my VPS' connection is down for let's say... hmm.. 1 hour and then it gets back and i'm not at home? What should i do in this case? Waiting for a reply, thanks!

Comment

• DrO
        • Sep 2003

if the DNAS / host is down there's pretty much nothing you can do unless you have a backup and have it in a round-robin type setup either by using the YP to handle client requests between the DNAS instances for you or you do it yourself.

however, if all you've got is one server, then if that goes down then there is nothing which can be done to keep the stream alive.

as for making sure it automatically starts when the host starts then that would depend on what you're allowed to install and the OS that is running - going with what you prefer / like is the best option in that case.

-daz

Comment

• DrO
          • Sep 2003

Originally Posted by dgcyears View Post
          P.S: My radio is YP connected and not i cannot see any button for changing the description I've entered the first time i made the YP settings. Any help?
          only just seen this edit to your first post.

if using a v1 DNAS then you need to change it in the source i.e. sc_trans's config in this case.

if using a v2 DNAS then you'd need to edit the authhash details via the server admin page as per the login method shown on http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...ash_Management

-daz

Comment

• dgcyears
            • Jan 2012

Thanks for the authhaash help and yes i'd like to use a backup(autoDJ). If for an example i'll make the sc_serv and sc_trans to boot at startup, then they'll not start streaming 'cause it'll need someone to type the number of the config file. Am i right? Waiting for an answer, thx!

P.S: I checked the wikipedia link for the authhash prob. but i cannot find any useful information about it, I mean i cannot find any button for updating it...What should I do?

Comment

• DrO
              • Sep 2003

If for an example i'll make the sc_serv and sc_trans to boot at startup, then they'll not start streaming 'cause it'll need someone to type the number of the config file.
              you could create a script which will do it for you and have that be called when the host starts up. the docs are pretty clear that with the current public build that you have to tell the DNAS what to use either via the selection or by explicitly passing it as it starts. there will be changes with the next DNAS release where it'll automatically use sc_serv.conf / sc_serv.ini if found in the same folder as sc_serv and no config file is passed.

I mean i cannot find any button for updating it...What should I do?
              it sounds like you're not logging in / looking at the right page. make sure that you follow the steps exactly from the initial page and the links that are shown (i.e. the big red arrow and text on the first image) or just access /admin.cgi or /admin.cgi?sid=0 against the DNAS IP and Port and that will take you to the server admin summary page (which is all against assuming that you're using build 29).

-daz

Comment

• dgcyears
                • Jan 2012

yeap i had to put sid=0 cause the admin button from the right corner was directing me to sid=1 . Btw, when I try to access the page for sc_trans configs( i think that's what it should do ), i'm getting this error, "Resource Not Found (Weblet)". Thank your for your great help, i appreciate it and I must say, thanks for all your support, got 1 beer from me . Thanks again, buddy!

P.S Fixed!

Comment

• DrO
                  • Sep 2003

yeap i had to put sid=0 cause the admin button from the right corner was directing me to sid=1
                  that's because that is the stream admin login which is not the same as the server admin login. either way it sounds like you've found it now (and it'll be more obvious in the next release).

Btw, when I try to access the page for sc_trans configs( i think that's what it should do ), i'm getting this error, "Resource Not Found (Weblet)"
                  that is normal since the sc_trans admin interface is not the same as the sc_serv admin interface. the sc_trans one is AJAX based (as detailed at http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas..._Specification) and generally requires you to use either a pre-made sc_trans admin config or to make your own. though generally there shouldn't be too much to change with sc_trans once it is setup (and the admin interface aspect is more intended for partners / companies running hosted autodj solutions - though nothing is stopping you making your own / using someone elses if you can find one if it's really needed).

-daz

Comment

• dgcyears
                    • Jan 2012

Another problem, when someone's downloading something from the forum, ex. mydomain.ro:8000//admin.cgi it'll start downloading admin.cgi and it'll show the user as a listener at the listeners tab. And how can I make something for users to have the option to listen to the radio directly from the website?

Comment

• DrO
                      • Sep 2003

accessing of /admin.cgi should _never_ be making the DNAS try to server the stream to whatever is accessing it since if the password is wrong then it should just be throwing an error page (and there's nothing in the DNAS's code that i can see which would ever make it act in the way you're describing).

for direct client access to the stream, that just need to access the /listen.*?sid=x (where * is the playlist extension required and x is the stream number) or going to /index.html?sid=x and accessing the 'listen' link or entering serveraddress:serverport/stream/x/ (again where x is the stream number required).

is all covered at http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...2#Public_Pages which can be linked to from another webpage as needed.

-daz

Comment

• dgcyears
                        • Jan 2012

I'll take a look later into what you said to me, btw i think i found a bug or something, i created a DJ account and pass and opened up a port for it, ex:

djport=900
                        dj:noise

I've read the docs and i saw that for an example djport=900 will open port 901, and when i access it(port 901), i get the following error:

No data received
                        Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
                        Here are some suggestions:
                        Reload this webpage later.

But, when i access port 900, i get "Request Not Found". Any idea on what's happening ?

Comment

• dgcyears
                          • Jan 2012

Btw, about the direct streaming thing, i did as you said, but it just downloads the file, i'd like something like an incorporated player . How should i use one for that? Thanks!

Comment

• DrO
                            • Sep 2003

i think i found a bug or something, i created a DJ account and pass and opened up a port for it, ex:

djport=900
                            dj:noise

I've read the docs and i saw that for an example djport=900 will open port 901, and when i access it(port 901), i get the following error:

No data received
                            Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
                            Here are some suggestions:
                            Reload this webpage later.

But, when i access port 900, i get "Request Not Found". Any idea on what's happening ?
                            the djport is _only_ for source connections to sc_trans - it sounds like you're trying to access it like a webpage and that is not how it works. if connecting as a DJ source, 900 wouid need to be the port specified in the source's configuration (the v1 source specification means that it'll connect on 901 but you have to specify 900). though if you can, it'd be better to use a v2 compatible source and then it connects directly on the port set for djport2.

Btw, about the direct streaming thing, i did as you said, but it just downloads the file, i'd like something like an incorporated player . How should i use one for that? Thanks!
                            you'd need to find a player which does / provides the features you want as the DNAS will not do it (is outside of the remit of what the DNAS is intended to do).

-daz

Comment

• dgcyears
                              • Jan 2012

Ok bro, thanks, any player recommended by the Shoutcast team ? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X