• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Victhor
    Late skinner & Moderator
    • May 2003

Originally Posted by DrO View Post
    i've a load of things to be doing than keeping my eye on these sorts of threads. and it's never been said that SHOUTcast is part of things, the notice has _only_ been about Winamp and its related services.
    Yeh well... I was trying to help.. Anyway, I thought Shoutcast was / is a Winamp related service.. there were some doubts at first (even yours I think, could trace the comment but it doesn´t matter actually..). But if you say is safe.. it´s safe.. could update the first post, but probably it would be best to leave some doubts behind since nothing is certain, right?
    · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• Victhor
      Late skinner & Moderator
      • May 2003

First post updated..
      · · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• synthetiq
        • Nov 2004

Any (good) news from AOL ?

Comment

• rvrbnk
          • Nov 2013

I've not had any further response to my inquiries at AOL. Strange.

Comment

• iamaf0rk
            • Aug 2012

No!

Comment

• Sabine Klare
              Forum Queen
              • Nov 2010

We don't want to give up yet. But I think, AOL will not give responses generally. That doesn't mean, that the end will really come...

In Post #1 I am reading these words again and again:
              "What is lost - Online services (like Now playing, MoodAgent, etc). The good thing about it is that now people can use / create custom services to use with it, like Broser Pro or Reader already does in cPro skins."
              "The good news (yes! there are!) - # People can now create Online services"

Does that mean, that I can create an own website and an own "online service"? This sounds very good. I have also seen the screenshots in this thread... http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=373992 and something with "Winamp-Javascript-API".

I don't know yet, if websites on each website-server would work and if also platform-profiles would work. Especially the music-video-platforms and the social networks have changed the profile-layouts so many times (and maybe also the API).

I have already planned an own website (for free) without making online-banking, because I want to build in the Mixlr-Player of my Mixlr-Radio, but I want to have my website also for some other reasons.

This question will be very interesting also for the other Winamp-User. I will keep my eyes open for the following days, before I will focus again on myself as an artist in the upcoming year.

I still wish You all the best and I wish, that Winamp can survive...
              Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
              Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
              AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                Forum Queen
                • Nov 2010

I am only an artist and not a developer, but I have found this link:

I have created many new .odt-files with Apache Open Office, in case also this website will disappear soon:

But I hope, that a replacement website with tutorials will be created or that at least new .pdf-files with download-links on the new board will be available soon, but then the download-links should really work there also for the non-members, because not everybody wants to register just to get the files. I think, that the people will register, because they want to discuss.

The original help-pages will disappear soon, but in the Bento Browser You can create a new subfolder, and then You can add the replacement forum as favourite there. I myself did that with my Last.fm-User-Profile, from where I can go directly to my other profiles.

PS, the very new builds from today are already as installer-setups on my harddrive...

Comment

• lordsilver
                  • Dec 2013

Oh my god, I just installed Milkdrop 2. Oh man, this is so beautiful, I can't stop watching at it in full hd :X. I didn't use Milkdrop since 2000 (or something like that)... and it evolved so nice .

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                    Forum Queen
                    • Nov 2010

Milkdrop 2 was one of the first beautiful features, which I had discovered, after I had installed Winamp the first time (22nd July 2010). With many thanks to "Stereomix" I can enjoy also "website music" via "linein://" in Full HD...

@ lordsilver, this link is for You... https://plus.google.com/photos/+SabineKlare/albums And in my Last.fm-Blogs I have some other very interesting links. We can see us in the old forums tomorrow. I have to sleep a little bit now, although artists don't sleep...

Comment

• djpete
                      Major Dude
                      • Apr 2004

Originally Posted by Sabine Klare View Post
                      I am only an artist and not a developer, but I have found this link:

I have created many new .odt-files with Apache Open Office, in case also this website will disappear soon:

But I hope, that a replacement website with tutorials will be created or that at least new .pdf-files with download-links on the new board will be available soon, but then the download-links should really work there also for the non-members, because not everybody wants to register just to get the files. I think, that the people will register, because they want to discuss.

The original help-pages will disappear soon, but in the Bento Browser You can create a new subfolder, and then You can add the replacement forum as favourite there. I myself did that with my Last.fm-User-Profile, from where I can go directly to my other profiles.

PS, the very new builds from today are already as installer-setups on my harddrive...
                      Sabine are you aware of the new forum?
                      In my sig below...
                      Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
                      Winamp Enthusiasts Group

Comment

• Sabine Klare
                        Forum Queen
                        • Nov 2010

Thank You, Pete.

I am still not sure, if I should be Sabine Klare, Sternenmaschinebine or Sabiine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine there. In YouTube and the other music-platforms mostly I am Sternenmaschinebine. I have realized that with the new forum, but which username would You suggest for me in the future?

I'm still going to miss the old site, and I have to fight against my tears right now...

Comment

• aaronsnet
                          • Mar 2004

AOL Finalizing Talks To Sell Winamp And Shoutcast, No Shutdown Expected On Dec. 20..is this true???

AOL is finalizing negotiations to sell off Winamp and Shoutcast in a deal that would allow both products to live on, according to a source with knowledge of the discussions. The company (which owns TechCrunch) announced last month that as of December 20, Winamp web services would shut down and that the desktop version of the video and music player would no longer be available for download.
                          the detour network - detour MUSIC, detour TALK

Purple Zebra Consulting-http://purplezebra.us
                          Supporting independent internet radio stations since 2001!

Comment

• Victhor
                            Late skinner & Moderator
                            • May 2003

· · Big Bento Modern

Comment

• HikariWS
                              • Aug 2011

Well, just let me cry a bit here.

AOL, for the last 20 years, have been buying the best software available, just to shut them down a bit later.

That happened to ICQ (so that MSN, which NEVER worked stably and NEVER implemented ICQ's features, could grow) and Netscape (we were lucky its source was opened just before it was bought, thanks to that we have FireFox and now IE is a useless junk).

Now it's Winamp.

How can a company that wastes so much money not close itself? Maybe we should ask SCO?...

Winamp is the second music player I've discovered just when I started using PC. The first one came in a CD I bought in a magazine, it was named Gamut and sucked lol. And I've been using Winamp non-stop for... 15 years?

It's sad enough to hardly be updated and most plugin devs be gone, must AOL rly stop its development?? How can the best music player ever developed, with a forum of thousands of online visitors, be just stopped?

Sadly, if ICQ and Netscape died, AOL will do the same with Winamp. Why can't they open it then? Imagine how it would grow if plugin devs could work in its source!

Comment

• Dro Chilla
                                • Nov 2013

Oh sh*t, it's 20th dec.

Comment

Working...
                                X