• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ariszlo
    Major Dude
    • Jun 2015

Also available at DeviantArt.

When you finish the upcoming update, will you please publish it at WinCustomize, too? You will get more downloads there with no distractive anime girl skins.

To get a skin accepted at WinCustomize, you will have to add a permission.txt, identifying yourself as the copyright holder and allowing users whatever you want to allow them.
    Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt

Comment

• PeterK.
      Quinto Black CT Developer
      • Sep 2016

In the current version of my skin the text color of the song being played and the background of the inactive (selected) title change their values accordingly to the set color theme.

But in many cases it is pretty hart to see the difference between the song being played and the rest of the playlist.

In order to make things more "readable" I am going to add a small change to that. Regardlessly of the color theme you set the color of the song being played and the background of the inactive title will remain the same:

The same change affects also the text lines within the Media Library.

I will implement those modifications in the upcoming small update.
      Attached Files
      Quinto Black CT

Comment

• ariszlo
        Major Dude
        • Jun 2015

Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
        But in many cases it is pretty hart to see the difference between the song being played and the rest of the playlist.
        Yes, pink contrasts more with light grey thant light grey with even lighter grey.

Comment

• PeterK.
          • Sep 2016

Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
          Yes, pink contrasts more with light grey thant light grey with even lighter grey.
          Thanks for your feedback Ariszló.

I am aware of the fact that it will be hard to satisfy every single user, but I think the chosen color constellation (red text + black background) should make the text indeed more readable.
          Quinto Black CT

Comment

• ariszlo
            Major Dude
            • Jun 2015

Yes, red is a good choice even for people with achromatopsia: in greyscale it is a darker shade of grey.

Actually, this is how I started skinning: fixing the colors of Fusion AMPdeck.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Aminifu
              Forum King
              • Aug 2011

Hi PeterK.,

Any idea on when you will be releasing the update (discussed in the posts above) for Quinto Black CT?
              Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
              Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• PeterK.
                • Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
                Hi PeterK.,

Any idea on when you will be releasing the update (discussed in the posts above) for Quinto Black CT?
                I have been waiting for the download link.
                Quinto Black CT

Comment

• Aminifu
                  Forum King
                  • Aug 2011

A download link from whom and for what?

Comment

• PeterK.
                    • Sep 2016

A download link from whom and for what?
                    A download link from www.winaero.com for the skin file.
                    Quinto Black CT

Comment

• PeterK.
                      • Sep 2016

Regarding the multiple check status in Notifier/Songticker context menu:

In order to avoid copying and pasting stuff from Bento hoping it would work in my skin I decided to get professional help because my wish was to change as less as possible within the files and within the folder order.

And since the understanding of the "mechanism" within my skin was paramount from the very beginning (making Quinto back in 2010) I asked martin.deimos if it was possible to get rid of the bug without writing additional scripts and/or making my skin unnecessarily too big. All I got from him as a respond was just one sentence: "add the file which contains the line #define MAIN_ATTRIBS_MGR".

Well, it was not that hard to find that loadattribs.m file, which I instantly altered according to Quinto's "needs". The problem was that the addition and compilation of that file did not show expected results. It took me the entire weekend to find out what was missing: the call line for that script! One search run through Bento's files and there I had it. The call line was added into the skin.xml file and now we have a perfectly working context menu while running Quinto skin.

This also means we have another update. (v1.2)

I certainly will run some tests an keep it on my desktop for the next couple of days. I also will contact Winaero to discuss the matter of a new download link and/or entry in his blog. So please be patient and stay tuned.

Quinto Black CT

Comment

• ariszlo
                        Major Dude
                        • Jun 2015

That is good news. Waiting for the new release.

Comment

• PeterK.
                          • Sep 2016

While testing the new Notifier/Songticker context menu options I stumbled upon two further features which I totally neglected so far. These would be the Fade In/Out Effects states which allow to move the notifier horizontally/vertically for example. And since those features did not work properly, caused by an outdated notifier script I had to update this one.

I already made it and am very pleased with the results. Although I have to confess that Bento's notifier script does not allow notification displays without album art cover on them. Well, it would be possible to comment out that part of the file but would mean a lot of work and even more testing.

Long story short: there will be an album cover on the Notifier in the coming version 1.2.

Now I would like to know your opinion about three things which I might change for the next update:

1) should we keep the rounded edges on the Notifier or change it to 90° corners?
                          2) what would be the best size for an album cover?
                          3) should we keep the text alignment as it is (in the middle) or change it to Bento-style?

Quinto Black CT

Comment

• Aminifu
                            Forum King
                            • Aug 2011

Hi PeterK.,

The Bento-based notifier options (position, fade in/out, timing, etc.) selected in 1 skin are subsequently used by other skins that support Bento-based notifiers. The options I had selected for the skin that I use most often did not change when I switched to Quinto Black CT, so I didn't realize that it's fade in/out options were not working correctly. I did test changing the notifier's position, but I didn't test the other options.

I appreciate having albumart in the notifier. It helps me identify a song more quickly when the rest of Winamp is not visible (minimized or underneath other app windows). I was going to suggest albumart be added to your notifier, but changed my mind after your response to my resizing controls comment.

I think you should leave the size and shape of the notifier as it is and the albumart should be sized to fit within it. The alignment of the text placed to the right (or left) of the albumart should also remain as it is. I think the style of the notifier should reflect the style of the skin and the desires of the skin's developer as much as possible, and not be a cookie cutter copy of the notifier in other skins.

Comment

• PeterK.
                              • Sep 2016

... I think you should leave the size and shape of the notifier as it is ...

Thank you for your feedback Aminifu. I will keep the Notifier like this:

Attached Files
                              Quinto Black CT

Comment

• ariszlo
                                Major Dude
                                • Jun 2015

Looks cool except the right margin which is too wide compared to the left one. Did you change your mind and added album art?

Comment

Working...
                                X