View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2008, 03:28   #4
ScorLibran
Resident Floydian

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
Chris! Welcome back. How's your neck/back feeling these days? Better I hope
It is, thanks for asking. I stopped ALL of the drugs the doctors had me on, even against their recommendations. I was taking 150mg of morphine every day, as well as several other hard-hitting meds. I just didn't want to be a drug addict any more, so I spend six months weaning myself off of them. And let me tell you, life is SO much better sober. I missed myself.

The pain is higher now than with the meds, of course, but I can tolerate it. And on bad days, I just remember back to what it was like screwed up on opiates all the time and I instantly feel better.

Quote:
Good to hear about your new business. Sounds quite awesome.
I love it. I've never had a job that pays to play games all day. (Well, I don't do it ALL day, but I have to do benchmarking and thermal load testing with at least one 3D game with each machine I build, and nothing heats up a PC like three hours of Crysis with high details, a high screen res, AF and AA, and you have to play that long to get the heat measurements to level off at their operating peaks.)

Quote:
As for me... I'm still stuck down in MS. But I got a new truck! Also, my job is coming with more and more perks and benefits as time goes on. I get free things from vendors, I get to spend lots and lots of money, I get to tell people what to do, I get to play with ATVs whenever I want, I can usually work at my own pace, and I have my own heavy equipment.
That sounds very cool. Kudos, man. Getting free stuff, using big expense accounts, having command authority, playing at will, self-scheduling and having your own big toys? That's pretty much the definition of "perfect job" isn't it?

Quote:
Originally posted by fc*uk
Nothing much with me, except for my epic post, which only happened quite recently. I'm nutz! And shame on the mod that binned it; that was some quality loonie bin there!
I'll go check it out now.

Quote:
Originally posted by fc*uk
Got bored, so started spinning again. This time I dropped the Technics SL1200's in place of midi controllers. The appeal of going in with a laptop and hard drive won over the crates and crates of lps. Not too sure how well I like the midi's.
I hope the convenience outweighs the sacrifices you had to make to get there. It usually does, but it might take some time to adapt. Cheers!

I'm a psychosomatic sister running around without a leash.
ScorLibran is offline   Reply With Quote