Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cobrawing
    • Nov 2013

Well it's officially 12/21 and the site is still here so I guess fellow junior member "circcc" was right . . . a pending sale/transfer of winamp may well actually be happening! If so, this indeed is great news. Let's just hope the new company doesn't break something that isn't broken and regular development continues. Current users pretty much like this the way it is and we don't need the wheel reinvented . . . just continued support and development as before.

Comment

• DrO
      • Sep 2003

Originally Posted by zepper View Post
      Great news, long live Winamp. Hopefully though the buyer is someone who continues to respect the users, meaning not you Microsoft. I'll stick with 5.66 for good rather than install Winamp metro. Not everyone is on tablets and desires touch screens.
      you're mixing up things. Winamp as-is will work fine on Windows 8.x as a 'classic' desktop programme and metro / Windows 8.x apps are completely separate things so even if there was one (which there isn't) it'd be completely separate of Winamp as-is and would have the same issue as WAFA and the Mac client of not being Winamp as people think other than the name and a passing visual reference (if at all possible).
      WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• zepper
        • Jul 2005

@Alpha2k6, there's also rumors that Windows 8.2 will bring back the original start menu. If they had listened to users while in beta they would have never made that mistake in the first place. Replacing Ballmer is a positive first step.

Comment

• zepper
          • Jul 2005

@DrO, that's true but my point is that Microsoft's whole philosophy these days is about taking features away. How long before it's metro only and no more desktop version? How long before they change the skin and add the childish ribbon to it? They do what they want and are oblivious to what users have to say but there's always the older version and 5.66 is pretty good.

Comment

• DrO
            • Sep 2003

i'd prefer to use 5.666 instead of 5.66 if that's all that's left.
            WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• fragmer
              • May 2003

Oh man, I should mock up a "Metro" version of Winamp in VisualStudio. That'd be a laugh. Gotta take a 2.x skin, blow it up to fullscreen size, and remove any styling. Or color. Or gradients. Just text and symbols. Yes. So Metro.

Comment

• Alpha2k6
                • Aug 2006

Berlin - Metro

The only good Metro

*still waiting for news regarding winamp*

Comment

• zepper
                  • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by DrO View Post
                  i'd prefer to use 5.666 instead of 5.66 if that's all that's left.
                  Right again DrO, forgot a 6 :--). Winamp 5.666 is the best version yet.

Comment

• onestar
                    • May 2005

Problem writing audio CDs

Did the new build fix the problem writing audio CDs? (TL|DR)

I still use CDs in my car. It's easy enough to burn a bunch of tracks onto a disc and toss it into the player.

Comment

• MrSinatra
                      Forum King
                      • Dec 2004

that's an interesting question. I almost never burn cds, but I tried to make a couple for my parents this week and instead created two coasters. I switched to nero and all was well, so maybe there is an intrinsic winamp problem?
                      PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
                      --
                      BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
                      Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
                      Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• Batter Pudding
                        Major Dude
                        • Jun 2008

I cooked a few CDs just before Xmas for the girlfriend. FLAC to CD-R. Not sure if she has tried playing them - I'll BBM her and ask. I know I didn't get any errors up after burning.

The CD-Rs were burnt for the same reason - easier to use in a car. Especially as the GF is not an IT geek so prefers real CDs to digital audio files.

Edit: Just had confirmation from GF that the CDs I burnt playback fine in the car. She has tested two out of three so far without troubles. Winamp CD burning behaving fine for me.

Comment

• kzuse
                          • Oct 2005

I burnt an Audio CD using Winamp (5.666, Build 3516) last week for my grandparents (those cases seem to be the most likely ones for burning audio CDs these days ;-) ) and all went well, even CD text was written onto the disc from the tags.

Comment

• MrSinatra
                            Forum King
                            • Dec 2004

is that new? the cd text by winamp? is there a pref for that?

I was on a newish dell xps desktop and when I tried to burn the mp3s to cd (redbook style) via winamp it borked twice at the very start of the process making coasters. did the same files via nero, np.
                            PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
                            --
                            BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
                            Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
                            Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• Batter Pudding
                              Major Dude
                              • Jun 2008

I thought CD Text has been in there for a while, but you need a CD Player that supports it. (Guess the burner needs to too). My burning done on a Pioneer DVD Writer (DVR-215D) using some random no-name CD-Rs. Never seen a coaster spat out.

Personally I don't cook MP3 to CD-R if I can avoid it due to the lossy nature of the source files. Can't see any reason the source format would be a problem here. Maybe just something fussy between Sonic and your Dell as they are often fairly generic drives in PCs like that.

Comment

• ksio.amaral89
                                • Jul 2012

Thanks God the final version is still available for download

What can I say about Winamp, during the last 16 years my musical preferences have widely changed, but I could always resort to goold ol' Winamp to play them :'-(

Thanks to all the developers, testers, skinners and all the other involved with Winamp

Comment

Working...
                                X