• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danh2000
    • Mar 2006

Invalid NSIS Home

Hi,

I was using EclipseNSIS succesfully last week - nothing on my PC has changed, however today when starting eclipse (or attempting to create a new NSIS script) I am prompted to configure NSIS and configure the path to MakeNSIS.exe - I've tried but I get the error:

'Invalid NSIS Home'

I have tried uninstalling everything and re-installing (with a clean eclipse startup), but it still doesn't work.

I have the most recent EclipseNSIS plugin from the update manager (http://eclipsensis.sf.net/update) and have obtained and installed the most recent NSIS install (nsis-2.15-setup.exe)..

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan Humphrey

Comment

• iceman_k
      NSIS Dev
      • Feb 2003

Are you a developer who uses NSIS to distribute your application? Are you a Winamp plug-in developer who wants to use NSIS to distribute your plug-in? Have suggestions for other people like you? This is the place.
      Cheers,
      Iceman_K

EclipseNSIS - An NSIS IDE for the Eclipse Platform | My contributions to the wiki

Comment

• danh2000
        • Mar 2006

Thanks...

..the hotfix did the trick.

Great Product and Great Support!!

Dan Humphrey

Comment

• empezar
          • Sep 2003

ok for the last hour i've been trying to get this to work

i got the eclipsensis to work after installing the hotfix, but the installtoptions just won't show up in the plugins, i have tried redownloading from several mirrors but it simply will not work.

i'm getting frustrated here and i hope someone can help me.
          Bored with the real world? Try QuakeWorld!

Comment

• iceman_k
            NSIS Dev
            • Feb 2003

What do you mean by "installtoptions just won't show up in the plugins"? Is it that you cannot use it to open INI files or it doesn't show up in the plugins list in the Help->About menu?
            Some things to try:
            a) Make sure you have installed GEF 3.1.
            b) Open Help->Software Updates->Manage Configuration menu and check the status of the net.sf.eclipsensis.installoptions feature.
            c) Check the error log and see if there are any messages indicating why the plugin did not start. The error log can be either seen using the Error Log view, or by opening the .log file in the .metadata folder in your workspace.

Are you a developer who uses NSIS to distribute your application? Are you a Winamp plug-in developer who wants to use NSIS to distribute your plug-in? Have suggestions for other people like you? This is the place.

The best way to install/update EclipseNSIS is by using the Eclipse Updates Manager. It ensures that all prerequisites are met before you can install the plugins. Downloading and unzipping does not guarantee that the plugins will work, especially if some other necessary plugin is missing.
            Cheers,
            Iceman_K

EclipseNSIS - An NSIS IDE for the Eclipse Platform | My contributions to the wiki

Comment

• empezar
              • Sep 2003

ok now i'm going to sound very stupid, but i won't get anything done if i don't ask questions here

first off, the installoptions eclipsensis doesn't show up anywhere, the eclipsensis+update shows up and works fine, but not installoptions.

a) yes 3.1

b) what am i looking for here? there's just junk on the left side and the 5 options i'm given all lead to nothing useful.

c) error log? where? i can't find any error.log in the eclipse directory, and i can't find any "error log view" in the eclipse menus.

eclipse updates manager? where? help -> software updates -> find and install? where am i supposed to enter the "net.sf.eclipse... etc" stuff?

Comment

• iceman_k
                NSIS Dev
                • Feb 2003

ok now i'm going to sound very stupid, but i won't get anything done if i don't ask questions here

first off, the installoptions eclipsensis doesn't show up anywhere, the eclipsensis+update shows up and works fine, but not installoptions.
                You can check if EclipseNSIS InstallOptions Editor is installed by trying File->New->Other.... The wizard that opens should have a folder named EclipseNSIS. Within that folder should be an entry for "InstallOptions Script".

a) yes 3.1

b) what am i looking for here? there's just junk on the left side and the 5 options i'm given all lead to nothing useful.
                How did you install EclipseNSIS? If you installed it manually, then Manage Configuration is not applicable.
                Otherwise, there should be an entry for "EclipseNSIS InstallOptions Editor 0.9.4" in the tree view at the left.
                If GEF 3.1 (or better) is properly installed, you should see something like "Graphical Editing Framework 3.1".

c) error log? where? i can't find any error.log in the eclipse directory, and i can't find any "error log view" in the eclipse menus.
                To open the view, use the Window->Show View->Error Log.
                If that menu item is not available, try Window->Show View->Other.... The wizard that opens should have a folder named "PDE Runtime" (I am assuming you did a complete Eclipse SDK installation). That folder should have any entry named "Error Log".
                To read the log directly, you have to know where your Eclipse workspace folder is. Within that folder will be a subfolder named .metadata which, in turn, will contain a file named .log

eclipse updates manager? where? help -> software updates -> find and install? where am i supposed to enter the "net.sf.eclipse... etc" stuff?
                If you had installed EclipseNSIS using the update manager, an entry would be automatically created for you.
                Otherwise, instructions are at http://help.eclipse.org/help31/topic...s/tasks-36.htm and http://localhost/index.html#download.
                Cheers,
                Iceman_K

Comment

• iceman_k
                  NSIS Dev
                  • Feb 2003

Originally posted by iceman_k
                  If you had installed EclipseNSIS using the update manager, an entry would be automatically created for you.
                  Otherwise, instructions are at http://help.eclipse.org/help31/topic...s/tasks-36.htm and http://localhost/index.html#download.
                  Well... duh!!! Obviously not at localhost!!!
                  The second URL should be:

For instructions on how to add an update site, see:
                  Cheers,
                  Iceman_K

Comment

• empezar
                    • Sep 2003

i feel kind of stupid, but i actually did not have GEF installed

it all works fine now.

except one thing i noticed (a bug?) in installoptions.

when I put C:\distfiles\ as the "default directory" for a directory field, it displays C:\\distfiles\\.

Comment

• iceman_k
                      NSIS Dev
                      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by empezar
                      except one thing i noticed (a bug?) in installoptions.

when I put C:\distfiles\ as the "default directory" for a directory field, it displays C:\\distfiles\\.
                      I will look at this. However, any fix will probably not appear until 0.9.5, which is probably going to be in June or so.
                      Cheers,
                      Iceman_K

Comment

• giddy_guitarist
                        • Apr 2006

HELP PLZ

Hie All ,

Could someone PLEASE help ME.

I installed Eclipse 3.1, NSIS 2.15.i downloaded EclipseNSIS and pasted it in the plug-ins folder , i unzipped it even.When i start eclipse and open the plug-ins window i see "net.sf.eclipsensis(0.9.4)" , so now how do i use it.How do i open an editor for NSIS script.

Please i need someones help , i 've been racking my brains on this for a week now.I need to make an installer urgently.Please

Thanx

Comment

• Afrow UK
                          • Nov 2002

Double click on one of the Modern UI example scripts under Exampls\Modern UI. Right click on the .nsi file and select Compile to compile it.

-Stu

Comment

• iceman_k
                            NSIS Dev
                            • Feb 2003

Re: HELP PLZ

Originally posted by giddy_guitarist
                            Hie All ,

Could someone PLEASE help ME.

I installed Eclipse 3.1, NSIS 2.15.i downloaded EclipseNSIS and pasted it in the plug-ins folder , i unzipped it even.When i start eclipse and open the plug-ins window i see "net.sf.eclipsensis(0.9.4)" , so now how do i use it.How do i open an editor for NSIS script.
                            It's no different from how you would open an editor for a Java file, a text file or any other file in Eclipse.
                            If you have a workspace with projects set up, then either double-click on an .NSI file or use the EclipseNSIS wizard to create a new one.
                            Or you can open any .NSI file on your computer using the File->Open menu item.
                            Remember to install the hotfix to get past the MakeNSIS 2.15 version number issue.

You can always try the help, which is either accessible using the standard Eclipse help viewer or online at http://eclipsensis.sourceforge.net/help/index.html.
                            Cheers,
                            Iceman_K

Comment

• AndreR
                              • Sep 2006

HowTo install?

Hello, first sorry for my bad english .

I have installed Eclipse sucessfull but now I tried to install the NSIS-Plugin, but if I used the update installer of Eclipse, there occours an error-message:
                              EclipseNSIS InstallOptions Editor (0.9.4) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.gef (3.1.0)", or later version.
                              Can you help me with this problem? Thanks!

Comment

• iceman_k
                                NSIS Dev
                                • Feb 2003

You need to install the GEF plugin. It is available from the main Eclipse update site.
                                Cheers,
                                Iceman_K

Comment

Working...
                                X